• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 08:21 PM

Been looking for a cheaper sub compact, which is quite difficult to do in my area(the cheaper part), but I found a super clean older Deutz Allis 5215, which is a rebadged Hinomoto.  Runs excellent, paint is original and shiny other than the mower deck, has a 60" mid mount, HST transmission with 3 speed ranges, and mid and rear pto.  I had been mowing with a JD 318(for sale now) and I was supprised that the Deutz fits around the suburban yards almost as easily as the JD did.   I plan to eventually replace the rear turf tires with ag bar style.  She is only 2wd but with diff lock I should be fine.  We hope to move to the country in a few years, so I have time to get the bugs out of the old girl(been sitting for over 6 years).  So far I replaced the rad cap(wouldnt hold pressure).  A full fluid and filter change is coming when the next pay day arrives.    Mike

fresh%20and%20clean_zpsqpcu3tdj.jpeg

imagejpeg_0_zpsvimlp6fg.jpg

Resized_20160815_103011_zpsxptkwxvs.jpg

Resized_20160815_103032_zpswsmkq5h6.jpg

• olcowhand, daytime dave, Gtractor and 10 others have said thanks

#2 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 08:31 PM

Very nice looking tractor,looks to be in nice shape. I,am sure your going to enjoy using it.Thanks for the pics

• boyscout862 and chieffan have said thanks

#3 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 828 Thanks
  • 473 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 08:44 PM

Yeah - thanks for the pics.  I've got some tractor envy of you guys with your Deutz-Allises.

I'm going to need a bigger lot so I can get one.

• chieffan said thank you

#4 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 08:53 PM

That's a nice tractor.  How many hours on it?  It looks well cared for.

#5 oldcuz OFFLINE  

oldcuz
  • Member No: 84076
  • 65 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 11:16 PM

Great looking tractor looks like it was taken good care of should last for many more years

#6 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,142 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 07:33 AM

I had a Kubota with a 60" deck I used to mow with several times.  Liked it OK but for good mowing and maneuverability I go back to my JD F525 front deck with the 10" left offset.  I has a 48" deck and can mow the same area, do a better job with the JD than I could with the Kubota.  Kubota is gone and the JD is still here.  Not the smoothest riding being 3 wheeled but not on it that much to bother any.  Not a JD fan but this is my "GO TO" mower.

• jpswift1 said thank you

#7 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,450 Thanks
  • 3,359 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 09:55 AM

They are nice tractors, similar in size to my Simplicity 4041 Pow'rmax, a nice size for around a small acreage. I just sold mine, not sure why yet.

#8 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 280 Thanks
  • 269 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 01:10 PM

Nice looking tractor. I would love to have one of those but being on a small subdivision lot I doubt it would work. My CC with 42'' deck is about the max size I can use. Was that a Clist find?

Edited by lrhredjb, August 19, 2016 - 01:10 PM.

#9 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 05:46 PM

Yes she was a Clist find, only about 30 min from my place.  Anything else, such as Kubota or Yanmar was atleast $1000 more if it had a mower with it.  She has just over 1600 hours on her.  For now we are in a small subdivision, where I actualy mow 2 yards for extra pocket money, and I have used the DA to do just that.  I had thier trees trimmed up so I wasnt hitting my head on the 318 and this one doesn't really sit much higher, the ROPS only brushes a couple trees and no issues with the stack.  Much easier on fuel than the fuel hungry Onan in the 318.   If someone took the old Powermax series of Simplicity/Allis tractors and put a small diesel in them, that would be perfect.  Nothing wrong with the CCKA Onan engine, but they love thier fuel!   This one was shed kept and for now I keep it in my garage.  I am planning to build a lean to against my fence to keep it under.  Only need to repaint the frame, front axle and engine in DA gun metal blue.   Mike

Edited by mtoney, August 19, 2016 - 05:51 PM.

• olcowhand and Alc have said thanks

#10 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • Member No: 69996
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 12:11 PM

I had a Kubota with a 60" deck I used to mow with several times.  Liked it OK but for good mowing and maneuverability I go back to my JD F525 front deck with the 10" left offset.  I has a 48" deck and can mow the same area, do a better job with the JD than I could with the Kubota.  Kubota is gone and the JD is still here.  Not the smoothest riding being 3 wheeled but not on it that much to bother any.  Not a JD fan but this is my "GO TO" mower.

I'm not a John Deere fan myself, but I got a F510 for practically nothing, and then I found the snowblower for it as well.  It is so fun to cut with that thing and it does such a good job I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.  It's perfect for getting around the tight spots and around trees.  The 54" deck on my Massey Ferguson 1855 is great for the wide open spaces in the yard, but the F510 is the most fun to cut with.  It's like driving a 3 wheel forklift.