• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 52jd40 OFFLINE  

52jd40
  • Member No: 84319
  • 2 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 01:12 PM

First off, thanks to the many Bolens collectors on this site who have shared their knowledge over the years. Your posts were a great help in research needed to get this ridemaster posted on eBay and back in circulation.

I'm a collector of larger tractors and so this one is out of my wheelhouse but will be glad to see it in someones hands who can make good use of it and/or its parts, some of which appear to be somewhat hard to find. I have a low reserve to keep it out of the scrap yard, but the tractor's condition is somewhat rough and so are my expectations.

Please circulate to anyone who might be looking for one of these or its parts/attachments. Also, I will not separate individual pieces.

The link is: http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

Description from the link is below and there are many photos on the eBay link. If you have questions I'll do my best to answer or provide additional photos.

Best Regards,

Matt Harrod

Hinckley IL

Up for sale is a Bolens Ridemaster 35AB02 garden tractor serial # R2909 (see photos) with the correct Wisconsin model AKS engine serial # 1091377 (see photos), believed to be original to the tractor plus 4 attachments. No manuals are included.

This tractor was purchased new by my Great Uncle and has always been in the family. I am a collector of larger antique tractors but this beast holds no interest for me, so I am happy to see it in the hands of a collector for parts or restoration.

Condition is somewhat rough. Although neither the tractor nor the parts have ever set outside it was in a barn with a dirt floor for many decades and so is heavily surface rusted. I believe no items are rusted through except for the back wheels. A number of hard to find parts are intact and included, including the fuel tank with cap and sediment bowl, steering wheel, factory seat, intact front rims, original cables, disassembled Wisconsin AKS motor, hand lift mechanisms, factory rear hitch, 3 engine drive pulleys, and engine mounting plate. The transmission input shaft has a 3-belt pulley and turns stiffly but freely. I have found no apparent welds or breaks on the frame or attachments.

The motor was disassembled by my father in the mid 1960’s but was never reassembled (see photos). It is heavily surface rusted however the old man greased the cylinder and crankshaft, which still turns. Still present with the tractor and motor is the carburetor, head, bottom engine cover, flywheel, Wico magneto, metal engine cover with legible model and serial #, flywheel screen cover, and rope-starting pulley. The air intake/cleaner is present but missing the bowl or cleaning element. The muffler is still attached to the block but is missing its baffles and screen. Missing from the engine is the connecting rod and piston and possibly other small items not in the photos. Certainly there are good parts here, possibly the engine could be rebuilt with a re-boring and new piston and connecting rod (many of us have rebuilt worse) but I can make no guarantees of any kind.

Attachments include 2 tool bars of different lengths, 2 disk gangs, 4 rolling cultivators with intact wheels and side shields, a single shank hoe, and a sickle bar mower. The sickle bar mower includes a mounting plate with engagement lever as well as drive pulleys, but I am unfamiliar with these tractors and cannot guarantee all necessary mounting items are present.

Other known negatives: all four tires are dry rotted and should be assumed bad. The back rims are rusted through from calcium chloride, but I have read Farmall Cub rims can be used as replacements. There are no wheel weights.

Terms:

If you are the kind of guy who is interested in this thing than you know what you’re getting into. Study the photos carefully. Your wife won’t like it but your young son will because he doesn’t know any better. The tractor and all parts and attachments are sold as is where is as one lot. I am not in the parts business and will not separate any individual items. Location is Hinckley Illinois, about 1 hour west of Chicago. I have a loader tractor and can load on your trailer. Pickup within 3 weeks or forfeit the deposit. I would consider delivery or meeting within about 2 hours’ drive of Hinckley, (please ask before bidding) but this thing is heavy, does not roll due to rotted tires, and will require a loader or three men and a strong boy to unload.

Payment by PayPal only with $100 down within 24 hours of auction end, the remainder at delivery. There is a low reserve just high enough to keep it out of the scrapper’s hands.

Please ask if you have questions and I’ll do my best to verify or supply additional photos.

Thank you for looking!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160815_141205.jpg
  • 20160815_143528.jpg
  • 20160815_141422.jpg
  • 20160815_141224.jpg

• Traill95 and petrj6 have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale, bolens, ridemaster