• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wicker OFFLINE  

wicker
  • Member No: 84316
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 08:35 AM

I am in the beginning stages of looking for a tractor.  I am wondering if there are folks that would be willing to lend their opinions on these two tractors.

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 09:17 AM

:welcometogttalk: Main intended use?

#3 wicker OFFLINE  

wicker
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 10:54 AM

Mainly yard work, gardening and landscaping. 

#4 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 12:17 PM

I looked at both and chose the Massey for a couple of reasons.  The Kubota dealer basically talked down to me (kind of like the Deere guys did, like they didn't need the business) so that turned me sour right there but I pressed on.  Another reason is I absolutely hate the treddle pedal.  My Massey has two separate pedals for forward and reverse.  I like that.  I believe I got more tractor for the money with the Massey as well.  Seemed to me the Kubota I was looking at was 18hp and at least $1000 more than the 23hp Massey I bought.  Haven't had any regrets.  I just got the FEL and power angle blade with mine.

GEDC0547.JPG

• olcowhand and DMAX have said thanks

#5 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 12:31 PM

I had a older MF GC 2300,yr 2007 and liked it. But with that being said I also had a Kubota BX 2350 , yr 2007 and liked it to.The Kubota a has a lighter front end .by this I mean that the 3 pth  on the massey will lift more then the Kubota will and still keep the front tires on the ground [this was done without the front end loader on] the Kubota will lift up on the front end when lifting heavy stuff with the 3 pth. Other then that there pretty much the same tractor. So as of now I did end up selling both the Kubota and MF and bought myself a new [1 yr old now] 2015 Kubota BX 2370-1. I ended up getting a Kubota simply because of the closeness of the Dealers to me. I enjoyed using and working with either one so this is going to be one of those things that you'll have to decide . It just worked out better for me to get the Kubota.also the Kubota was about $1500 less set up the same way.

Edited by massey driver, August 18, 2016 - 12:32 PM.

#6 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 04:53 PM

I am sure you have heard this but either tractor will do what you need most likely but if the dealer support isn't there you may end up with an overgrown paperweight! Dealer support and proximity is king when dealing with tractors. Just be sure you test drive them both and pick what feels right over what some statistic says because if you don't enjoy using it you will end up with that paperweight we discussed before. Good luck!

#7 wicker OFFLINE  

wicker
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 06:52 AM

I'm lucky to have dealer of both close to where I live. For the people that had mf did you have the drive over deck? Ive tried finding a video that shows the drive over deck

#8 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 07:41 AM

I'm lucky to have dealer of both close to where I live. For the people that had mf did you have the drive over deck? Ive tried finding a video that shows the drive over deck

Never had a drive over deck.My new Kubots doesn't have it either. But of course now that type of deck is availiable for the Kubota.

#9 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 09:02 AM

I'm with David, I don't like the treddle pedal