#16 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 17, 2016 - 09:36 PM

Never owned a 400 but I like the style of them. Tires look to be in decent shape and it has the wide front which is a plus. These tractors have been around for a long time which says a lot about their construction.  :thumbs:

I had 4 things I wanted in a tractor

#1 row crop for cultivating corn and potatoes.

#2 Good Tires.

#3 wide front for loader work.

#4 rear lift of some sort.

#17 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,521 Thanks
  • 3,914 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 04:48 AM

Sounds like you were able to meet your wants then. Have fun with it. There is something about running an older tractor like that, that a newer tractor can't give.

#18 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 10:25 PM

This tractor is leaking some oil on the right side of the engine, it is leaking around the long inspection plate, I thought I would pull the plate and seal it up. I pulled the oil filter canister and I pulled the hydraulic pump/distributor so I could get to the bolts. I went to remove the plate when I realized the bolts holding on the plate were finger tight. I tightened each bolt about 4 turns. I got it reassembled this evening and I will start it tomorrow to see if it's leaking.

Now I need to put some tape on a hydraulic pipe/hose on the rear lift cylinder and that should fix all of the leaks. Next I'm going to drive the tractor to town and pressure wash everything really good and then start painting. I already have all the sheet metal and lights pulled. After it's washed up and back home I am going to pull the wheels which I hate doing but I also hate it when people paint the rims red instead of silver.

• Alc said thank you