• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 outawahack OFFLINE  

outawahack
  • Member No: 84270
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 08:58 AM

Excited to get this machine on the garlic field this fall 2016 to plant. My dad just passed and I get all his awesome stuff, and the land too! long story short he was a collector and avid disassembler' this Bolens was complete but I have to build the missing parts (trust me I looked everywhere)

My big quest is to find a good group of pictures that show a close look at what the original handle bars look like I have to fabricate new one unless someone in BC Canada (or Alberta) has a bone yard of these and can part out something similar. I think I worked out a way to build the bars with some scheduled 80 pipe I had laying around and fab up linkage to engage the drive leavers on the transmission. I want to build as close to specifications as possible so a good clear detailed picture would be invaluable to me and I hope someone could take the time and post one two or more pic's for me in this thread, 

Wish list:

1.The linkage to the clutch on the handle bars

2.How the bars mount to the frame "red arrows" 

3.There is a pivot under the transmission  "white arrows" I need to see the original bolt and washer set up.

4.Missing the drive gear off the engine shaft - looks like the same size chain that drives the wheels goes to the motor. I wanna make sure my ratio is correct so if anyone knows the tooth count and diameter of the small sprocket then that would be golden. (gear chain and engine side sprocket)

5.the pull start pulley is busted and I want to remove it, but it looks as if its terminate (one piece?) to the drive shaft?

6. anyone with a sulky attached to there two wheeled? please send me a picture of how it attaches to the tractor please!!

Extra request** is this a 1947? I don't have any ID plates on her but from what I gather its a 47' 

if anyone knows the model or year or a better description other than Huski Gardner I would appreciate the help. Its alot to ask but any guidance is welcomed here

handel bars and pivot arow.jpg

Right hand side view.jpg

Top over axel.jpg

20160815_090735.jpg

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#2 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 06:11 PM

First off welcome to the forum!

I hate to say it but your going to be better off finding another tractor and making one out of two. There's just to much of the main pieces missing off it. The main thing being the drive clutches.
I'll see what I can dig up for pics to give you a better idea what for missing.
  • Bolens 1000 and outawahack have said thanks

#3 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,684 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 08:05 PM

http://gardentractor...ner#entry698597

• olcowhand said thank you

#4 outawahack OFFLINE  

outawahack
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 12:46 AM

I made Handel bars today and finished the engine rebuild and fixed the drive clutch thing a ma jig. new chain and sprocket on order should be in this week. hope this video works

Pictures of the handle bars PLEASE!!!!!

also wanna get started on my sulky. any pictures of how it attaches to the tractor would be golden...save me a whack of time

uploading a video to youtube of the Wisconsin model AB engine running after rebuild, when its finished loading Ill submit a link.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160820_212637.jpg

• Bolens 1000 and Alc have said thanks

#5 outawahack OFFLINE  

outawahack
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 01:34 AM

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#6 outawahack OFFLINE  

outawahack
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 01:40 AM

Not bad for 1947. I wish my 06' F-350 was built and ran that well.....yikes, Ill get a warning point for bashing Ford i bet..lol

• Alc said thank you

#7 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,179 Thanks
  • 2,148 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 08:25 AM

Does this help?  http://gardentractor...tractor-manual/

Have you seen the Bolens Gardener Manuals forum?  http://gardentractor...olens-gardener/

I made Handel bars today and finished the engine rebuild and fixed the drive clutch thing a ma jig. new chain and sprocket on order should be in this week. hope this video works

Pictures of the handle bars PLEASE!!!!!

• 29 Chev and outawahack have said thanks

#8 outawahack OFFLINE  

outawahack
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 11:16 AM

Does this help?  http://gardentractor...tractor-manual/

Have you seen the Bolens Gardener Manuals forum?  http://gardentractor...olens-gardener/

Does that help he asked? Mr. Dorsi, you sir are a life saver. THANK YOU SO MUCH. that is what I was waiting for. and the links to all attachments manuals too.....BONUS! I cant thank you enough Bruce. I searched and searched and searched for that manual but could not locate it anywhere, this will definitely be invaluable to me as I move forward.  

#9 outawahack OFFLINE  

outawahack
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 11:44 AM

YES! Thanks again Bruce for the help. I found the Sulky manuals too. the exploded parts list is perfect 

I can build that.. no problem.  I'll be able to plant garlic this fall for sure. Whahoooooooooooo!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wisconsin, blens, help, walk behind