• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 540 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 08:58 AM

Looking for fall plow days that are more toward the northern half of the state, bottom of Michigan or close to the state line in Ohio or Illinois.  Need to get a good shine on the plow this year and want to plan ahead, fall isnt far away now!

#2 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 12:06 PM

Nothing ever happens over here in or by Illinois.

#3 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 540 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 12:30 PM

I know the wheel horse guys put one on up around Mentone, Indiana sometime during the fall that is open to any brand.   There used to be a huge plow day at the Blunier family farm in Illinois, but I do not know if they still put it on.   I would love to get one going in the central to north central Indiana area, but I do not know any farmers personaly to ask.   Mike

#4 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,654 Thanks
  • 1,738 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 12:44 PM

.   There used to be a huge plow day at the Blunier family farm in Illinois, but I do not know if they still put it on.  

Steve Blunier

Roanoke, IL.

Oct. 29th

It is listed on the Cub forum.

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 01:31 PM

That IN one is first week-end in OCT. This is gonna be his last show at that farm. Usally have plowing accross street or next door, depending on if crop was cut-down there.  Go to the Red Square wheelhorse site for info and map. This is not the Mentone show which is also real close, but gathering of mostly Horse guys, but others too at family farm. Real small area, but many show-up. Seems it is Clunette, a grainery is accross street there, just north of Warsaw a bit off 15 on a side road.

#6 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 540 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 05:36 PM

Plenty of farm ground in my part of Indiana, just none of it in my family.  I think many worry about the hassle and liability issues that go with having one.  The one at Steve's family farm in IL is a huge plow day, but usualy cold.  seen plowing there in T shirts and sunny, or overcast with a dusting of snow on the field.