• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 10:08 PM

Been wanting a larger diesel scut/super garden tractor with proper 540rpm rear pto.   Found this close by, runs excellent, 60" mmm that will be up for sale soon as I want a 3pt mounted finish mower.  And its from the Allis clan, just from the Deutz years.    Should clean up real nice.  I have all the shields for the deck, and brackets to lock the deck in the raised position so I can use the 3pt hitch.    Mike

imagejpeg_1_zps1zb6jllo.jpg

• Gtractor, Alc, KennyP and 9 others have said thanks

#2 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,081 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 10:25 PM

Sweet!

#3 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 10:45 PM

I do have a nice JD 318 with lots of extras that needs to go down the road fast so "she who must be obeyed" can put the money back in the account to cover bills next month. Had to take a leap and grab this while it was available.  Everything else was 6+ hour drive to go get.  And this size of a tractor with the deck on it pushes my little trailer to its limts.  Mike

• chieffan said thank you

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,141 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 06:37 AM

Nice looking outfit.  I would keep the center mount mower myself.  Never could see why one would want to drive over the grass with 4 big tires to mash it down then try to mow it. Bad enough with just two ahead of the deck.  Guess that is why I like my front mount so well.  Good luck with your new prize.

• Alc and Talntedmrgreen have said thanks

#5 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 07:18 AM

Thanks, its more about being able to easily ditch the mower to do other things.  I mow mostly with my wife's 1811 Cub Cadet.  The tractor is more about getting ready for our move to the country in the next 5 years.  It will take all we can manage financialy to make the move, so it was decided to get the tractor now.  I plan on getting both a small finish mower and a bush hog for it.  Just going to clean her up, do a little repainting on the frame and engine and take her to a few shows.  You definatly do not see many of these around anymore.  She is of mid 1980's vintage.   Mike

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#6 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 09:39 AM

Nice looking machine.  :thumbs:

I agree with chieffan. Try the three point mower before selling the mid mount. Your tractor will be worth more when you go to sell it if the mower is included. That deck won't take up much room if you lean against the wall in a shed. 

#7 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,293 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 10:54 AM

That is a sweet looking rig!!

#8 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 12:26 PM

I will keep it for now, but it will be against a fence with a tarp over it and wood under it.  Don't have a shed for it yet.   That pic was taken at the sellers place.   I am going to build a lean to off my privacy fence to keep her somewhat out of the elements.  Mike

• Cvans said thank you

#9 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 08:58 PM

They look really well built.....I`ve looked at a few a little bigger than that. Possibiltys !

First Deutz I ever saw was in an early 70`s Chevy pick -up about 1980....a primer colored beater...Little 3 cylinder .....one of the neighborhood Dad`s that was unique car guy...Studebakers , Model A`s...Deutz/ chevy....He`d just grin and say "Listen at that thing purr "

#10 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,526 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 09:02 PM

Very nice! That will be fun to run.

#11 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted August 17, 2016 - 12:50 PM

I might just pull the mower deck off and use her as a butt buggie at Portland in 2 weeks.  She is about size of a 430 JD Super GT but with taller rear tires.  She is quieter and easier on fuel than my wife's tempermental Cub Cadet 1811.  Mike

• KennyP said thank you