#16 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 09:41 AM

Swap meet is a mud fest. Good luck to anyone. Wear your boots.

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  • lrhredjb and ClassicBolens have said thanks

#17 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 10:41 AM

Hopefully it will stay dry today so the ground can dry up some by tomorrow.  They got a bunch of rain yesterday and this morning. 

#18 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 06:46 PM

Just got home (Thursday) and was very nice today. Was all wet in AM, muddy in the rows from driving on them, but most of that cleared/dried up soon. Some areas still with little muddier areas, but not bad. Took off my boots and reg shoes by 1:00 o'clock.  Got Hot, was breezy, nice. Lots of Amish today, they buy lots of old things, with cash!  A few also have parts displays and one group had homemade Ice Cream nearby and lots of that being sold!  I gave away some truck manuals and sold pair of tires for price of one, a few other trinkets, just to get them out of my possession.  Bought box of Bolen's parts, still thinking on the blade I mentioned, and now found a MTD990 mostly hacked or missing stuff for $40, thinking about. Has the 3pt on it, and bigger wheel/tires. The front wheels too small, briggs has shroud missing, but gen/belt still on it, grill is gone. Found the hood and deck in trailer pile, all for that price. Think I should get it?  Fenders good shape, the dash pretty broken on edges, drive shaft still in it. Parts should be worth that money. AND, is the quick attach deck and hangers too. Was supposed to rain today, not a cloud hardly in sky, saying tonight maybe, but I think not. Friday and Sat supposed to still be good.

#19 WHdbJD ONLINE  

WHdbJD

• Member No: 8367
  • 584 Thanks
  • 456 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 06:56 PM

glgrumpy, looked for you Wed.  coming back tomorrow, Fri., where you at?

#20 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 09:26 AM

Row 4 site 6. Just over gravel road, East corner swap area.near fence by trailer parking. W30, Cub, Deere L in line up.
  • WHdbJD said thank you

#21 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 280 Thanks
  • 269 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 07:05 PM

GL grumpy, nice to meet you today. Portland was in good shape after Wed rains. When I got back to Indy area about 6:00 it was all rain and storms. I think I saw mtoney on his Deutz Allis hauling a trailer with a couple guys in it.

#22 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 09:36 PM

That was me, my wife Michele and my friend Steve on the sulky.   I am planing to build a 3pt mounted bench seat with room for 2 to ride on the back of the DA.  My wife and I took turns driving and standing on the back of the tractor/front of the sulky. The heat and humidity was nasty as normal this time of year.  Tractor ran great, ran low on fuel as we headed back to the lot to load up.  Had a great time, seen lots of deals, lots of price wishing.  Only thing I bought was a toy Fendt tractor made by Brueder in Germany.  Correct size for my G scale garden railway.  Will make a nice load on a flat car.  Seen several diesel GT's for sale, a Cub Cadet red 782d with 3pt, a couple JD 332 and a Ford LGT 14D.   Also seen several diesel engines for sale, both 3 cylinder liquid cooled and atleast 2 air cooled engines. One was a single cylinder Lombardini from an old arrow board sign.  Got home about 9pm after dinner at Ponderosa Steakhouse, geting hard to find those anymore.  Place was packed!  Mike

#23 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 03:49 PM

Well, went back in am (SAT) with women to look around. BUT, while there about Noon, the skies darkened, winds came and pouring rain!! We quickly tried to load the tractors and tent down, but got caught in big rain as finishing it up. We were all soaked.  We just left then w/out much looking. ON way home was getting better. A friend said sunny later after we got home. ON way home said we could go back, but we were all soaked and changed mind on that. OH, well, saved some money then at least!  Lots were leaving, usually pretty empty by Sat night anyway, rain or not.