Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Do Brinly plows on a Bolens cut full width?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Husky OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 915 Thanks
  • 879 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 06:44 AM

What a great post! I've got a Brinly for mine and after seeing how well it works you have me thinking about getting mine out. Great work on figuring it out you pics are awesome. You have that plow buried.

• ducky, MH81, chieffan and 1 other said thanks

#32 chieffan OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,758 Thanks
  • 4,264 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 03:23 PM

The soil and the plowing both look good. In your last picture I noticed the rear bolt for the hitch was in the bottom hole, it should be in the top one. From the bit of rust on it it looks like the previous owner had it in the top hole too. I don't know if that will improve the suck or not, but it is worth a try. If you look closely at the pictures in the manual, you will see they are like the picture below.

I tried it that way and could not the point off the ground.  Only have about 3" of clearance now.  Sleeve hitch mount is in the bottom hole.

• CanadianHobbyFarmer said thank you

#33 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

• Member No: 73571
  • 897 Thanks
  • 581 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 05:36 PM

I don't recall wether I used the top or bottom holes to mount the hitch, but I was plowing with the "R pin" in the last hole on the lift rod. At maximum lift my point was pretty much on the ground as well. What I did was pull it out of the ground, drive ahead, stop the tractor and drop the plow. I would then pull the "R pin" out of the lift rod and move it ahead a few holes to get extra lift for transport. I see in your original pictures that you are already about 4 holes in from the end on the lift rod, so I don't know if that would work for you or not.