1 reply to this topic

#1 GilsonRider OFFLINE  

GilsonRider

• Member No: 5581
  • 12 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 09:03 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been on here a few times and finally put up a couple pictures in my profile. The pictures don't show the deck, as I removed it earlier today to check out a spindle issue. I posted that in a different topic. 

I purchased this tractor about 10 years ago for $75 from my boss at where I used to work. It didn't run, but turned over. I pulled the starter out and cleaned it up and works fine. I use a car battery. I used this site for information on re-wiring the tractor as the owner before my boss bought it really messed things up. I was kind of hooked on pulling and racing tractors and wanted a starting point. He and his neighbors had an annual block party and set up races and a timed obstacle course. That was his goal for this tractor; to race and add to his collection. I think his wife had other ideas. 

My intent was to make a puller and I had a couple old big block snowmobile engines. But over time, I changed my mind. I never intended to use use the mower deck. At the time I had collected vintage snowmobiles and "needed" a yard tractor to move the sleds in to the garage before restoring them. It proved useful for moving the trailers too. As time went on, I bought blades and belts for the deck and started using it for the lawn. I sold the sleds and have decided to play with the tractor.  It runs really well, other than smoking a little when it first starts up. Other than belts, blades, new fuel pump and fixing the starter, I really haven't done much to it. The hood has been painted with a brush for some reason and doesn't cover the original paint very well. I added a hitch for a trailer otherwise it's fairly original. 

Are decals available? I looked for this specific model - G33470A, but have come up empty handed. I need a new dash/console too as this was cut up previously. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160814_162521.jpg
  • 20160814_162545.jpg
  • 20160814_162536.jpg

• rustyoldjunk and Traill95 have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 09:13 AM

:wave: Welcome tot eh forum! Good looking tractor. Someone should be along to answer your questions.