Something fell on my trailer, what u think? HT20
Posted August 24, 2016 - 12:21 PM
Its coming from Ill., so hopefully Ill have it by the weekend. Im off work on Sunday, but plan on going to a show then, so IF everything goes right, maybe Friday, or Saturday morning I'll tear into the old Girl...
Posted August 28, 2016 - 07:06 PM
I do have a slight engine noise that wasnt there before, and first thought the magnets were scraping the stator, but a post video investigation revealed the screen scraping the shroud. I must have bent it when I tossed it aside on disassembly.
Lots of cleaning was needed, and once that was done, assembly commenced.
Once it was together, I thought, alright this will be a 2 minute video, but NOOOOOO. My tractor wasn't showing squat on the Ammeter, so, further testing was needed. Once Cobble was done BSing with the neighbors, he gave me a vicegrip to clamp the one lead from the multimeter to the batt post, cause the one probe broke.
Anyway, after testing no voltage change, and no meter on the dash movement, it was time to move along to the stator. Varying voltage was present with throttle changes, so I looked for something obvious, but DIDN'T see it right away. Last video I made, I guess I disconnected the regulator after I was done, so, after plugging that back in, life was good again.
The way the wire harness was positioned up to the regulator made it look like it was connected, but nope. Oh well a long video, but the turnout was good!
Thanks to my buddy Cobble for helping out, and for donating the cold Adult beverages on a warm day.
First pick shows the clearance of the stock pulley to the shaft stop dimension, kinda handy if adding a loader pump on the side. Anyway, enjoy....;)
Edited by stiemmy, August 28, 2016 - 07:21 PM.
- blackjackjakexxix said thank you
Posted August 28, 2016 - 07:22 PM
- stiemmy said thank you
Posted August 28, 2016 - 09:27 PM
Glad it's all worked out for you now. Amazing how much crap can pack into the flywheel on these tractors. Looks like it was due for a good clean out anyways.
Thank you, and you ARE correct! Even though I took most tins off the 1st time, it's unbelievable how much crap was on the front side of the engine.
Sorry, long video, but, "WE" small tractor enthusiasts wanna keep these runnin, cheaply, effectively, and last, but not least correctly; )
- ClassicBolens and Paulgo have said thanks
Posted August 29, 2016 - 11:52 AM
What we did was removed all the mounting bolts, then I temporarily reinstalled the crank snout with finger tight bolts. I then lifted up the front of the engine by hand just enough for Cobble to get a pry bar in from the side. Repeat the same on the other side. Then all we had to do was lift the engine up at the same time, and toss in some blocks.
We only did it this way, cause his boat was in the garage, and we already had it torn apart. Quite frankly had I known the motor had to be raised, we would have used a chain hoist. While this way works, I highly recommend not sticking your fingers anywhere around the underside of the engine while cleaning and so forth. Use long scrapers, and a vacuum to get that stuff out as we did.
Edited by stiemmy, August 29, 2016 - 11:53 AM.
- nglauer said thank you