8 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 04:31 PM

Have a G12 and the manuals for same.  I do not have any brakes using the clutch pedal.  Have a rod with springs, etc hanging loose under the tractor.  Parts manual show the rod, spring, nuts, etc. but does not show how or where either end is attached.  This tractor had a motor change to an HH14 before I acquired it so may not have the right parts I am thinking.  I have the brake linkage off a 750 but that is a different bread of cats and don't look like it will work.  Cannot figure out how the rod is to attach to the bracket on the clutch pedal and push the arm up to apply brakes.  Anyone have a pic of how this is to be hooked up?  Parts breakdown show the rod but don't show where or how it is to be used.  Thanks in advance for any help.

• CanadianHobbyFarmer said thank you

#2 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 05:09 PM

I have a mostly stripped G series here, so it was pretty easy to flip it over to take pictures. The brake assembly seems to be mostly there. Let me know if you need pictures from a different angle, zoomed in, zoomed out or whatever. If you see something on the brake assembly you need, let me know, it won't fit any of my tractors. I bought this one for the transaxle.

Jim

Attached Thumbnails

• 005.jpg
  • 006.jpg
  • 007.jpg

Edited by CanadianHobbyFarmer, August 14, 2016 - 05:13 PM.

• jpackard56 said thank you

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 05:37 PM

Hi and thanks a bunch.  The first pic shows the rod I have as it is attached to the plate with the arc slot.  What does the top end attach too?  I have the parking brake and brake band as shown in the 3rd photo.  Must be something that is under the battery box and on the same shaft that the tensioner pulleys are on??  This is a different set up than any of the other tube frame I have had.

Edited by chieffan, August 14, 2016 - 05:38 PM.

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 06:33 PM

My G14 is a plate with a disc material on it and rides on the same pulleys as clutch, just on backside of one of them.  Yours not same? Most of that stuff shown on the junker is for a parking brake action, reaches up to front farther. The pedal itself on mine goes right to the brake plate I mentioned that is hung on that big lower boxed area in center of tractor by some little angle iron like parts on each side. The G9 I have is not the same system, maybe somewhere in the line is a break to the change to one like mine?

#5 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 07:29 PM

I think I found where that rod is supposed to attach to.  There is a flat off the clutch pulley engagement rod that has an open hole in the end.  Was about to try and hook it up when a guy showed up and bought a tractor I had listed.  Will go at it tomorrow.  Your photos were a big help.  Thanks much.  I owe you one.

#6 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 09:28 PM

Hi and thanks a bunch.  The first pic shows the rod I have as it is attached to the plate with the arc slot.  What does the top end attach too?  I have the parking brake and brake band as shown in the 3rd photo.  Must be something that is under the battery box and on the same shaft that the tensioner pulleys are on??  This is a different set up than any of the other tube frame I have had.

If you are looking at the first picture, take note of the location of the tensioner pulley and the safety switch. You can see them again in the last picture and it should give you a good idea of how it goes together. I will take another picture tomorrow from the right side that should show the rest, it's too dark out to get one tonight. This is very different than the rest of mine as well.

Jim

Edited by CanadianHobbyFarmer, August 14, 2016 - 09:46 PM.

• chieffan said thank you

#7 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 09:36 PM

My G14 is a plate with a disc material on it and rides on the same pulleys as clutch, just on backside of one of them.  Yours not same? Most of that stuff shown on the junker is for a parking brake action, reaches up to front farther. The pedal itself on mine goes right to the brake plate I mentioned that is hung on that big lower boxed area in center of tractor by some little angle iron like parts on each side. The G9 I have is not the same system, maybe somewhere in the line is a break to the change to one like mine?

That junker frame is either a G12 or G14 as near as I can tell. It would have had all the parts that you mentioned for the clutch up front , but the all the brake parts in that picture are operated by the brake/clutch pedal as well. You can also pull up the parking brake lever and engage them without stepping on the pedal.

Jim

#8 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 12:51 PM

Got that rod hooked up this morning and have brakes when the clutch pedal is fully depressed.  It even holds on a little incline.  First time it worked that way since I had the tractor, about 2 years now.  One wonders how many of these are experimental tractors the way the changed different things from one year to the next.  Thanks to you guys problem solved.  Now, on to getting the plow to cut full width. (Separate post)

#9 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 04:31 PM

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Here is the picture from the other side anyway, in case someone else needs it.

Jim

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.jpg