#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 11:56 PM

Been sitting in garage since spring when first got into it. Was having trouble running the hydro lines in right places. There's a lot of them! Think I have figured it out now. I was putting back in the coolers, one on each side and using two big wrenches to put in the fittings there, kinked one of the aluminum tube ends for fitting. Darn!  I have parts extras, so used one of those, went OK this time. I was slipping the plastic dash on and off this thing to check fit and length of hoses going up to holes in dash area for shut-off valves and such. Went to lift it off one time and whole side broke off the darn thing!  It was already broken up where the hydro valves mount, and around edges where it mounted to any part on frame/body. Was planning on little fiberglas work to fix later, but now, not sure what is gonna happen. I'm going to make the hood and front metal, might as well make the dash too. I hate fabricating things from scratch! That darn plastic they used in 90's is NO Good!  Once it gets some age on it, gets real brittle and sometimes just looking at it is too hard on it and it breaks!! I have more of these tractors, and all have broken plastic hoods and sides/dashes.  New parts not avail and surely any old ones if found would be no better anyway. I'll have to make up some temp mount spots for things on this, just to hold them up and be able to keep going on the assembly of it.  I really hate working on this new stuff with no room, packed up tight, no access and then that body being junk.  Too many systems on them to be messing with. All nice when you buy it new, but with little maintainance on one like this, can be a disaster to work on later. 

• MNGB said thank you

#2 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 07:40 AM

Hi gl, good to hear your working on the UT, sorry to hear about the misfortune with the dash, is that ABS plastic that UV rays get to over time? I hear you about starting from scratch would have been easier to repair the crack but then again it might have broke in another spot.

#3 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 09:27 AM

This one?

post-8360-0-24552700-1451775822.jpg

#4 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 09:42 AM

If that's the one, not sure why you would be running into unexpected problems. Looks to be a one owner well cared for only driven to church on Sundays model.

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 10:28 AM

STOP IT!  CAT!  Not in the mood for crap this week. :(  Hitting bottom on the depression scale again and ready to give it ALL to someone else and be done. This is all part of my twice a year mood swing.  Too much to do, not enough time and money, working too long of hours at the plant.  Need a vacation, which I Never Take to relax and get away.  There.....that out of way, YES, that is the junker. Just needs a good Hug and Kiss and will be all right! :smilewink: :big_hug:

• MNGB said thank you

#6 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 10:39 AM

Hang in there Grump.....good lookin` bones on that thing though.

#7 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 01:28 PM

When you say "twice a year mood swing",you mean that twice a year you are in a good mood?

• MNGB said thank you

#8 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 01:44 PM

STOP IT!  CAT!  Not in the mood for crap this week.

Okay, but be warned: I don't have any openings until mid-October, so crap-giving will be sporadic at best until then.
  • MNGB said thank you

#9 EconChuck OFFLINE  

EconChuck
  • Member No: 18979
  • 251 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 09:02 AM

Grumpy, you obviously should have built a bigger shop annex than the one you did this year!!

Chuck

#10 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 06:24 PM

Yep! Would have been nice, but too much $$$ AND, don't forget I'm getting out of this hobbie soon, so not time to invest in more storage for that now is it?  I already have it sort of jambed full on floor space, now working on shelves and hanging stuff on walls and in attics to see just HOW MUCH it can really hold!