Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Don't let your wife help you cut your hair..

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 10:30 AM

Well this morning I decided I needed a hair cut. I've cut my own hair since I had to start paying for my own hair cuts..about 14 years.

So I buzz my hair off on always with a Wahl size 3. Takes about 5 minutes. With my back stiff I couldn't bend my head down right to do my hair neck line on the back of my head. I take off the guard and hand the clippers to my wife. Just take off the curly hair by the base of my hair line. Ok got it. I feel the clippers start at the top of head and zip. I have a line of almost no hair down the back of my head.. imagine a reverse mohawk.

I was slightly upset. But it grows back. I took the 1 out and cut the rest of it off. Ive never had it this short ever. Actually feels kinda nice...
  • olcowhand, Alc, Username and 8 others have said thanks

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 10:43 AM

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: Should've left the stripe, start a new FAD. The big thing around here now is the "man" bun. Bunch of fruit loops!

• boyscout862 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 10:48 AM

I get mine trimmed up in the back at home a couple times before I go to have it done.  About 3 times a year, early spring, mid summer and holidays.

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,772 Thanks
  • 7,538 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 10:52 AM

That buzz cut at the beginning of most summers does feel good. Don't have to shampo nor comb. Showers take less time too so they are enviromentaly friendly. Let it grow in for winter though.  Good Luck, Rick

• HDWildBill and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#5 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,723 Thanks
  • 8,906 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 11:33 AM

I alternate, sometimes I use the #1, next time the #2.

Come to think of it, the $8 I save doing it myself every other month used to be slotted for the GT fund. Don't remember seeing that for the last few years.....
  • KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#6 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,399 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 12:01 PM

I've been cutting my own since about 12 or 13. Pretty much when I realized I hate doing my hair and went to the buzz haha. I usually use a 2 or 3 and my beard gets cut at the same time now. All the same length and all at the same time. My wife does my neck and fortunately for me, does a nice job on it.

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#7 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,399 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 12:05 PM

I used to shave my head bald. Got tired of managing razors and paying for them. Gets real expensive. Plus, tired of shaking the women off!!!

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#8 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,637 Thanks
  • 7,672 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 12:54 PM

My wife cuts mine and when she gets lazy and doesn't want to get around to it; I just happily tell her I can do it myself. She knows I would just buzz it. I cut it that way once and she hated it.

#9 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 01:13 PM

You should have taken up a collection to buy a tractor like some other member on this group did.I've been using a Flowbee for over 15 years now.Get a free cut whenever I want and no mess to clean up.

#10 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,545 Thanks
  • 3,933 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 01:22 PM

I cut my son's hair and he cuts mine. Only problem is, he is 9 and thinks dad needs a buzz. I got to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't switch guards.

Edited by shorty, August 13, 2016 - 01:28 PM.

• EricFromPa and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#11 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 01:38 PM

You should have taken up a collection to buy a tractor like some other member on this group did.I've been using a Flowbee for over 15 years now.Get a free cut whenever I want and no mess to clean up.

Haven't seen a "Flowbee" in years

• Username, boyscout862 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#12 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 02:36 PM

LOL My grandmother butchered my hair with one of those darn things when I was young.My hair was to thin for it to cut and it kept getting caught in it and yanked out and hacked off.HATED that thing.OUCH! lol

Been buzzing mine every couple of months with one of those cheap Conair clippers but it fell apart last time I used it.Guess I gota get the old sheep shears out and sharpen them lol.

These work pretty good if you get them sharp.

9a72ede04b140ab15f60f00c0b5130ad.jpg

Edited by EricFromPa, August 13, 2016 - 02:36 PM.

• Alc, shorty and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#13 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 973 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 03:12 PM

I buzz my boys with a number 2 guard once a month or so. My Daddy used to buzz mine when I was little and I'm passing it along to my three sons. I can't go months between haircuts and pay a professional to give me a good haircut every three to four weeks. The day I retire I'm going to a buzz and not going back.

I laughed at the reverse Mohawk. The boys and I are blessed with giant baby scaring eyebrows. So every haircut they get a trim. Last month I slipped a little on my oldest boy. He had a nice neat gap in the middle of one of his eyebrows for several weeks. I never said a word and he's oblivious to things like that. But his brothers noticed it and kept staring at me with that "what the heck just happened" look as I finished his haircut.

Eric, is right about the cost of razors. They are out of control. A year ago I tried the Dollar Shave Club. It's the real deal. A flat six dollars month and they send four good razor blades to your mailbox. And if you recommend someone and they buy some you get $ 5 credit. They are better than the $ 35 a pack name brand things at Target and WalMart. My commercial is over now.
  • Sawdust and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#14 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 03:16 PM

Come to think of it, the $8 I save doing it myself every other month used to be slotted for the GT fund. Don't remember seeing that for the last few years.....

8 dollar? I wish I could find 8 dollar hair cut.

2 years ago I paid for a hair cut in Morgantown WV. I was out of town had a meeting for work and needed cleaned up before the meeting. It was 22.50 at a master cuts at a mall! I could of bought an extra pair of clippers for 20 bucks more.

I was a bit annoyed.

I typically cut my hair every 2 or 3 months. This time I might be able to go 6 months!

And I am embarrassed to say this but I grew my beard because of the cost of razors. I shave my neck every 2 or 3 days so a 1 good razor last me 2 or 3 months.

Edited by toomanytoys84, August 13, 2016 - 03:19 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#15 framesteer OFFLINE  

framesteer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11301
  • 331 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted August 13, 2016 - 04:20 PM

The day before my 6th grade school picture, my Mom decided I needed a trim to my buzz cut.  She had always cut my hair and my younger brother's.  Just she was getting ready to start, the phone range and when she returned, she didn't notice that the comb had fallen off the shears.  I ended up with a "reverse mohawk" on the top of my head, from front to back.  She took me straight to the barber and he did what he could to make it look decent for the school photo.  That was my first professional haircut.

• Alc, boyscout862 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks