• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 crazy eye OFFLINE  

crazy eye
  • Member No: 84224
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 09, 2016 - 07:46 PM

I'm a newbie to this forum, but no stranger to Bolens!  My current fleet is 4 tractors at the moment, a 1054, H-16, and recently two estate keepers, a EK7 and an EK10.  the EK7 is pretty beat, but all there, Mostly original, running (barely), and has the mover deck and a snow blade.   The EK10 was engine swapped with a W1 390 Wisconsin, but isn't currently running, but seems overall to be pretty tight.   The questions I'm looking for guidance are

the EK7 slipyoke on the PTO driveshaft is pretty loose at the rear of the machine.  anyone have luck in finding replacement slip yokes for these? 

also, I see "drive belt" listings for the EK7 and EK10, but very little description on which belt is for the low speed and which is high speed.  Anyone have belt#s with high and low speed designations?

and does anyone have a source for the brake "block" on these?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted August 09, 2016 - 08:50 PM

Hello Welcome to GTT :wave:

Are you saying the pto shaft is loose? you can get replaceable joints for them last time I checked.

EK7 & EK10 uses 1715614 PTO

EK7  high  1715611   EK 7 Low   1715612

EK10 high  1719269   EK10 Low 1719444

I stock the belts for them as well as the pads, low speed is rarely used as its really to slow for even the snow casters

http://bolenspartsan...-5962-171-5959/

• Gtractor, Bruce Dorsi and crazy eye have said thanks

#3 BRIAN EK7&10 OFFLINE  

BRIAN EK7&10
  • Member No: 66742
  • 128 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted August 09, 2016 - 09:11 PM

if the engine was changed the belts will most likely not be the oem belts.
  • Bolens 1000 and crazy eye have said thanks

#4 crazy eye OFFLINE  

crazy eye
  • Member No: 84224
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 09, 2016 - 10:16 PM

I kinda figured about the belt on the swapped one.  Figured I might get lucky on the swapped one.  I think it might get another swap, as the engine needs an ignition coil, and they seem to be real pricy and hard to come by  However, the EK7 is still unmodified, and has a low speed belt on it..  The pto shaft play is in the splines on the slip yoke.  the u joints are still tight.  The pto pulley has a bit of a wobble to it, so it looks like this might have had an impact on the bottom of the unit to the pto shaft.  Like I said, the EK7 is pretty rough mechanically. 

#5 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted August 10, 2016 - 08:47 AM

:welcometogttalk: :camera: :camera:

• crazy eye said thank you

#6 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,132 Thanks
  • 1,203 posts

Posted August 10, 2016 - 09:45 AM

I kinda figured about the belt on the swapped one.  Figured I might get lucky on the swapped one.  I think it might get another swap, as the engine needs an ignition coil, and they seem to be real pricy and hard to come by  However, the EK7 is still unmodified, and has a low speed belt on it..  The pto shaft play is in the splines on the slip yoke.  the u joints are still tight.  The pto pulley has a bit of a wobble to it, so it looks like this might have had an impact on the bottom of the unit to the pto shaft.  Like I said, the EK7 is pretty rough mechanically. 

If the PTO splines are similar to the tube frame series PTO you could repair the splines by building up the splines on the shaft where they are worn and bushing the slip yoke and pulley and cut new splines the way I did in this thread - a bit of work but it can be done http://gardentractor...t-repair/page-2

#7 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,852 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted August 10, 2016 - 11:13 AM

:welcometogttalk:     Good to have you aboard.

#8 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted August 28, 2016 - 02:21 AM

If u plan on pushing any serious snow with an EK o hope u have chains an weight on the rear, they came with a big cast weight on the rear did u get that with 1 of them? I have a guy that would probably kill u so he could have it. There out there u just gotta find them. I drove 2 hrs to get mine but $60 the price was right