Not sure what kind of tiller I bought.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Macgyver OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7014
  • 31 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 09:15 PM

Went to an auction at an old wheelhorse shop and couldn't pass up on a few things. I had never seen a tiller like this before so i brought it home. It has a clinton on it I believe. Any info appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20160731_144006540.jpg
  • IMG_20160731_144016516.jpg
  • IMG_20160731_144032159.jpg

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 Gtractor OFFLINE  

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,389 Thanks
  • 3,811 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 09:30 PM

That's pretty cool!    :thumbs:  :worshippy1:

I didn't know what it was until I read the serial tag. 

• Macgyver said thank you

#3 EricFromPa ONLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,172 Thanks
  • 2,253 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 10:15 PM

cool wheels and Clinton engine.Must be pretty old 50s early 60s? it sure looks to be in great condition.

Thought that guard and handle looked familiar to an Old Montgomery wards Power-Trac.Did some digging and Simplicity and The Midland Co. built them for Montgomery Wards.They came with Clinton,Briggs and Wisconsin BKN engnes.

i just got 2 walk behinds myself (not sure what they are yet) but there in rough condition.I might be able to make 1 out of the 2.Both of mine have small 2-3?hp Clinton engines on them.Numbers on them are gone.Both have Carter model N carbs and oil bath filters.

• Alc and Macgyver have said thanks

#4 ducky OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,533 Thanks
  • 3,781 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 10:44 PM

WOW that looks like a find.

My uncle worked for the Clinton engine factory up here in De Pere WI.  I can not remember much about it though.  Just a puppy dog at the time.  I do remember he did retire quite well off.  My Dad did tell me that Uncle Ray gave him the socket set that we used on the farm.  We did fix most of our own equipment, but I always enjoyed the ride up the our Case dealer for parts.  The parts guy always gave me a candy bar or a sucker from there candy rack. :smilewink:​  I worked with that dealership as I grew up and took over the farm just because they were great people. :thumbs:  Then the Case IH thing happened and they lose out. :boo_hoo:

We had a 52 chevy 30 and I can remember Dad putting his arm out to hold me up as we made corners or stop signs because I was standing on the seat.  Don't think we could afford kiddy seat back then and I made it. 

Sorry I got off on the Clinton Engine thing.

Not to Hjack your thread.

Edited by ducky, August 08, 2016 - 10:46 PM.

#5 GWest OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 441 Thanks
  • 398 posts

Posted August 09, 2016 - 04:49 AM

Believe I have seen a parts list for that model. The tires are what I recognized. What is the tilling width? That may help me find it.

Found it

Check out model LPT in these two

Edited by GWest, August 09, 2016 - 04:57 AM.