10 replies to this topic

#1 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 05:12 PM

Went and looked at this beuty last night and it followed me home.My dad saw and add in the local paper and told me about it. I called and he still had it and i checked if i could look at it last night.He said that was fine. I also got a 620 snow blower in the deal.Its not perfect but it turned out decent after a good bath.It has been sitting in a barn for  the last 8 years.It was used to push chicken manure by the original owner. Came with the snow plow and a weight box on back.

Before the bath

IMG_1194.jpg IMG_1195.jpg IMG_1196.jpg IMG_1197.jpg IMG_1198.jpg IMG_1199.jpg

After the bath

IMG_1200.jpg IMG_1201.jpg IMG_1202.jpg IMG_1203.jpg

The snow blower

IMG_1204.jpg IMG_1205.jpg IMG_1206.jpg

• DMAX, rustyoldjunk, limebuzz and 5 others have said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,110 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 06:03 PM

Good catch. You could mount a 10 hp motor on the blower and mount it on the rear of the tractor.

Noel.
  • ckjakline, chieffan and Xrperry have said thanks

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 06:39 PM

Well, if he never bothered to clean off the crap, best check the air filter and oil conditions too!  Power wash sure made look better. Would have had to pay more of that clean from seller, heh! Keep the blade on it, blowers don't work as well in my book. 

Looking back at pictures, WHAT is all the metal hanging off the front?? Man, that would have to go if mine. I see chain to blade, don't see how it has anything to do with lifting??  Isn't this hydro lift?  Will be weight off it, and sure looks ugly when looking at it better. What was that for?

Edited by glgrumpy, August 08, 2016 - 06:42 PM.

• ckjakline and Xrperry have said thanks

#4 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 06:48 PM

Well, if he never bothered to clean off the crap, best check the air filter and oil conditions too!  Power wash sure made look better. Would have had to pay more of that clean from seller, heh! Keep the blade on it, blowers don't work as well in my book. 

Looking back at pictures, WHAT is all the metal hanging off the front?? Man, that would have to go if mine. I see chain to blade, don't see how it has anything to do with lifting??  Isn't this hydro lift?  Will be weight off it, and sure looks ugly when looking at it better. What was that for?

It was his brothers tractor. He past away 6 years ago,and his health isn't the best anymore. He is just starting to get rid of stuff.The chicken poop was washed off it,that was just the dirt from sitting the last 8 years.The previous owner and i both agree that it was probably put there to keep the manure from going up the blade and through the grill.Kinda like when plowing snow sometimes it goes over the blade.

• propane1 and Xrperry have said thanks

#5 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 07:19 PM

It did clean up good!

Pushing manure all it's life I'm surprised it isn't a total "rust bucket".

• ckjakline and Xrperry have said thanks

#6 Xrperry ONLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 277 Thanks
  • 314 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 07:25 PM

I worked at a dairy that got chicken crap from an egg farm, we used to spread it on the hay fields, when done right it is the best fertilizer you can get.But when you stab a front end loader in a pile 300 feet long,15 feet high and 20 feet wide in warm weather you will burn the hair right out of your nose, and probably toss your salad. And cleaning the equipment was REAL fun, you cannot get the stink out of anything.
  • ckjakline said thank you

#7 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 07:55 PM

It did clean up good!

Pushing manure all it's life I'm surprised it isn't a total "rust bucket".

They would've had to wash it or it would've been rotted out.The one wheel is a little pitted.

• Xrperry said thank you

#8 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 07:58 PM

I worked at a dairy that got chicken crap from an egg farm, we used to spread it on the hay fields, when done right it is the best fertilizer you can get.But when you stab a front end loader in a pile 300 feet long,15 feet high and 20 feet wide in warm weather you will burn the hair right out of your nose, and probably toss your salad. And cleaning the equipment was REAL fun, you cannot get the stink out of anything.

I know all about chickens and chicken manure we raised them for a number of years.The smell can get real bad,and the ammonia in the chicken house is the worst.

• shorty and Xrperry have said thanks

#9 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 08:03 PM

I'm currently doing an engine swap in a 12. After that the 14 is going in the shop to get fluid changes and tune up to see what i need to get it to run.

• propane1 and Xrperry have said thanks

#10 Xrperry ONLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 277 Thanks
  • 314 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 08:18 PM

I had a mf12, variable speed, cool tractor. I Liked the way you could put it in a gear and use the lever to get different speeds.if I remember right it had a snowmobile type clutch.

#11 mac102004 OFFLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 227 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted August 09, 2016 - 02:54 PM

Nice tractor, cleaned up not bad. Chicken crap is usually pretty hard on equipment.