• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted August 05, 2016 - 12:16 PM

Hi I curious, when was the first year EPCO first offer a 3 pt hitch, I've searched the sales lit from Larry's thumb drive and from that information it looks like 1975 was the first yr. It looks like from 1975 thur 1978 the lift arm ajustment was only on the RH side the LH side had a fixed bar, then in 1979 they went to the dual adjustable lift links.

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 10:40 AM

Sounds like you already know more than others! :D  Most think 3pt on them, when only that bar with lift, have to explain that to them first.  I'm not sure of answer for you.  Myself liked the under frame cylinder much better, about 80 or 81 it seems. The had kind with lift on outside right of frame longer than that, not sure when started.  I was NOT aware of one with only ONE adjustable lift link, that is new to me.  Always thought same links on any 3pt.  Have picture of the combination? Adaptations were made for earlier tractors to make three points mount to non-equipped ones, bolted to frame.  Lots of changes over years, at times think they just came out at random, not really year specific for many items.

Edited by glgrumpy, August 06, 2016 - 10:41 AM.

• MNGB said thank you

#3 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 12:53 PM

Hi glgrumpy thanks for the reply, yea not getting many replies maybe most don't care I don't know but I like to know and its too darn hot out to do outside things so I was researching the Power kings. Yea EPCO moved the 3 pt lift cylinder to under the rear axle in 1980 and that makes for more leg / foot room and easier to get off / on from the right side. Yes I know many get the lift drawbar confused with a 3 pt., do you have any experience with the lift drawbar? I think it could be handy for many things.

Many also get confused on the early 3 pt hitches with only the RH lifr link being adjustable thinking that someone modified the hitch or lost or damaged it.  Yea there were a number of adaptations for the 3 pts for different uses and to be used on different models. I'll post a pix of the 76 1614 with the RS adjuster I'm removed the fixed flat bar and made a limited adjustable LH link will maybe work on a better link this winter. 1st pix is the 76 and 2nd is the 84 1618.

100_0569.JPG 100_0361.JPG

• KennyP said thank you

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,741 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 02:52 PM

Wish Ryan313 was around. He would know the answer!

#5 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 04:54 PM

Hi all, well I was a bit off, (I know this is not news) miss read my scribbled notes the single RH adjustable lift was only used 2 years 1975 & 76 in 1977 they went to the dual adjustable links.

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 09:51 PM

I have never seen one side only I guess, just your pix then. I see you made a link for other side, looks good, better than just a straight strap or rod. On your question, NO, never owned one with just draw-bar lift. Did have some with NO lift, not too neat!

• MNGB said thank you