• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • Member No: 28357
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted August 14, 2016 - 11:22 PM

Sorry it has taken this long to get back on here, I have been out of pocket for a couple of days.

I was unable to view the video for some reason.

Being able to see just how that tension pulley is set up would help a lot.

I will pull the hitch tomorrow and get some more pics for you. As for the video. Try viewing the video here. The video is on post #19 on the build thread.

http://gardentractor...prayer-Build...

Mike "Squirrelly" Kitko

#17 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 03:18 PM

I will pull the hitch tomorrow and get some more pics for you. As for the video. Try viewing the video here. The video is on post #19 on the build thread.

http://gardentractor...prayer-Build...

Mike "Squirrelly" Kitko

Holy smokes, that is very slick how that works!!! But I have a huge problem, there is no way I would be able to fab something that slick up without any machines to make the parts. I guess I will go back in the corner and hang my head.

#18 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • Member No: 28357
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 03:45 PM

Holy smokes, that is very slick how that works!!! But I have a huge problem, there is no way I would be able to fab something that slick up without any machines to make the parts. I guess I will go back in the corner and hang my head.

If you can find a 33 tiller bracket, it all started with that. If you were closer, I would definitely offer you some assistance, one military brother to another. I don't mind giving help to you where I can.

Mike "Squirrelly" Kitko

#19 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 06:22 PM

If you can find a 33 tiller bracket, it all started with that. If you were closer, I would definitely offer you some assistance, one military brother to another. I don't mind giving help to you where I can.

Mike "Squirrelly" Kitko

Thank you Mike.
How different is the 33 tiller bracket from the 31?? I do happen to have 2 31's.
I am trying to figure out which spline shaft hooks up to the back of the 318 and where to get that part to start with.

#20 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 06:31 PM

I built a 3pt mower for my MF1650, but the tractor already had rear pto.  You can see my build HERE.

• michael.kitko said thank you

#21 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted August 15, 2016 - 06:56 PM

I built a 3pt mower for my MF1650, but the tractor already had rear pto.  You can see my build HERE.

Very cool!!

I can do the welding and such and have the gear box driven deck. Making the correct shaft to come off the back of the rear end, then to the mower gear box I where I am stumped. I think if I can figure out which correct that mounts to the rear end, then I think I could fab up some of the parts to make a shaft from that back to the mower. However, I would much rather make it where I can turn it on or off without killing the motor.
But, if I have to I will just hook it up without the ability to stop the deck with the engine running.
  • olcowhand said thank you