#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,075 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 23, 2010 - 07:47 PM

After waiting for a couple of months for a quick hitch and it not comming with knowing that there was no chance of getting one before winter I decided to make my own.My cousin has a Kubota BX1800 with a quick hitch so we took a drive to see him 2 1/2 hrs away.I took the ditigal camera and cardboard to make templates etc;And by taking pictures,measurements and making cardboard templates I came home with enough information to make my own.So by doing so probably saved myself 2/3 the cost of buying one.I couldn't wait any longer as we usually get snow the end of oct so I just made this one.I had to cut the cylinder down as it was to long for what I wanted so took the cylinder apart cut off enough of the rod so that it still stuck out of the cylinder when retracted, I rewelded the end back on and thats what you see it in the end.I also had to put a shaft in so that it would drive the snowblower from the mid pto.Anyway I've used it to blow snow and also drive my stump grinder and it works perfect. Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Digital camera pi&.jpg
  • Digital camera pi&.jpg
  • Digital camera pi&.jpg
  • Digital camera pi&.jpg
  • Digital camera pi&.jpg
  • Digital camera pi&.jpg

#2 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 23, 2010 - 08:26 PM

That's some very nice work and a great attachment to have!

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 05:45 AM

Nice work.

#4 wing98 OFFLINE  

wing98

• Member No: 7896
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted December 22, 2011 - 04:53 PM

hello love your pics want to build one for my self could you possably send me the measerments

#5 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 22, 2011 - 06:32 PM

:wave: wing98 Welcome to GTTalk! It's great to have you here with us! I invite you to stop off at the "member introductions" forum and say Hi. We'd love to see your tractor(s). Thanks for signing up!

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 22, 2011 - 08:42 PM

Larry, I somehow missed this when you 1st posted it. That is one nice job......not that I'd expect anything less from you!

#7 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,075 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted December 22, 2011 - 08:53 PM

hello love your pics want to build one for my self could you possably send me the measerments

Welcome wing98 .This is just to funny !! I had all the cardboard templates with the measurements etc: sitting on my back workbench since making the hitch and just last month like most did a big cleaning in my shop and cleaned and burnt what I could etc: so now I don't have any of the measurements etc: I'am currently busy with other stuff and the hitch etc: is on the tractor right now with the snowblower mounted ready for winter.Once winter is over I could take some measurements but right now Its not a good time.Larry