• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,392 Thanks
  • 1,527 posts

Posted August 04, 2016 - 09:26 PM

It can be tough, especially this time of year, then there are the idiots that want them for nothing, a guy I know has a beautiful Ariens GT14 for sale, nothing wrong with it, he offered it to a friend for $300, the "friend" told him that he was crazy, I'm currently trying not to show interest, lol.

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster and dodge trucker have said thanks

#17 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted August 04, 2016 - 10:05 PM

Well, the gardens are in, everyone has arranged a way to get the grass cut for this season, they're thinking about vacations and back to school.

In a few weeks people will start to think about pushing snow.  Suitably equipped tractors should start to get interest then.

You said "in a few weeks"....Just makes it seem real....Stop that !

#18 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 05, 2016 - 02:14 AM

It can be tough, especially this time of year, then there are the idiots that want them for nothing, a guy I know has a beautiful Ariens GT14 for sale, nothing wrong with it, he offered it to a friend for $300, the "friend" told him that he was crazy, I'm currently trying not to show interest, lol.

Just far enough away that I have to show zero interest in that machine, especially since I have no space for it. Go buy it for yourself, I have a New Holland S14 (very similar) and love that tractor, heck of a workhorse. If you can hook it, it can drag it (with the right tires or course).

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, August 05, 2016 - 02:15 AM.

• adamjd200 said thank you

#19 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 05, 2016 - 02:25 AM

As for tough time to sell, try being in West Virginia. It is always tough to sell here because anyone that actually needs a garden tractor can't afford one; or they can afford it, but not wanting something that uncommon, which is my collection....
If you can actually find another collector in West Virginia to sell to that can afford your asking price, and is looking to buy it, go buy a lottery ticket...

I struggle buying the old tractors in my state because all the sellers here that find out they have anything "collectable" want top dollar because there are ones like it on eBay selling for that. I've told a few sellers that they would only see that much money at auction in whatever state the eBay listing was in if more than two people took interest and good luck with that.
  • Alc said thank you

#20 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 304 Thanks
  • 236 posts

Posted August 05, 2016 - 03:24 AM

if you can't sell em trade em, tomorrow I'm trading a box store LT (14.5 wizard) with low hours that I was sitting on till spring for two older GTs, a running MW variable 16 and a veary restorable sears ST 16(ohv),next week I trade my labor(customer buy's parts),a neighbor has a 23hp bolens that needs lots, I'm getting a 990 MTD(with good compression and cultivator) to start the job and a Oliver 77row crop fleet line(not running) and two sickle bar mower's when finished (and something different for the DB crowd).SNOW? MI summer's are just 3 months of bad snowmobiling in the northern parts and trading mower's for snowmobiles in the summer is easy,when that first snow flake hits the ground the sleds sell fast and just like mowers halfway through the season the sales go dead but trading snowmobiles for mowers in the winter is easy
  • Paulgo said thank you

#21 old coot OFFLINE  

old coot
  • Member No: 54079
  • 46 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted August 05, 2016 - 03:24 AM

my neighbor been trying to sell a 2 year old troy built rider , i'm not sure of the model , but along the same lines no bites at all and he just wants 200 for the thing because he's moving and doesnt want to haul it with him..if i had room to keep it , i think it would be in my garage

#22 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted August 05, 2016 - 07:22 AM

All the ones around here for sale are all WAY overpriced

#23 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted August 05, 2016 - 09:14 AM

:iagree:

Seasons come , seasons go ,we get a little sunshine , rain & snow just the way it was planned to be  :smilewink:

• Cvans said thank you

#24 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 917 Thanks
  • 1,209 posts

Posted August 05, 2016 - 10:04 AM

No snow to push around here but lots of grass to cut. We cut grass from March until October.

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#25 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,469 Thanks
  • 3,369 posts

Posted August 05, 2016 - 10:33 AM

I don't want to buck the trend, but the last three I sold, all went to the first callers, all in less than 3 hours each. But the caveat is all three had buckets.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#26 tom tractor OFFLINE  

tom tractor
  • Member No: 51604
  • 182 Thanks
  • 194 posts

Posted August 05, 2016 - 01:19 PM

Stock up now to sell in the Spring.  

• propane1 said thank you

#27 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,392 Thanks
  • 1,527 posts

Posted August 05, 2016 - 10:15 PM

Just far enough away that I have to show zero interest in that machine, especially since I have no space for it. Go buy it for yourself, I have a New Holland S14 (very similar) and love that tractor, heck of a workhorse. If you can hook it, it can drag it (with the right tires or course).

Can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind, right now it's a money/ space thing, have to try to work out storage.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#28 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 12:24 AM

Can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind, right now it's a money/ space thing, have to try to work out storage.

Several of my tractors live under an open shed on a gravel floor, New Holland included. I had it parked in a much better location on concrete at one point, but got tired of cleaning up the oil it was leaking... Additionally, I am not afraid to leave them sit in the open for a couple nights. Remember, when these tractors were new not all of them were kept inside and only driven on the weekends haha.
  • jpackard56, adamjd200 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#29 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 917 Thanks
  • 1,209 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 08:39 AM

Stock up now to sell in the Spring.  

I guess I will hold onto mine until about march. still no interest after 3 weeks.