• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wheelhorse willey OFFLINE  

wheelhorse willey
  • Member No: 84130
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 03:58 PM

Hi everyone I'm new here and not sure im doing this right so here goes I have a 1970 jd 120 with hydraulics. Has the 12.horse Kohler 48 inch hydrolic mowing deck with wit 2 hydraulic ports in front. It is hydrostati transmission but when you push lever forward it start buck the more.you push lever forward the harder it bucks but it don't buck in reverse I don't know how to put up pics yet
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,723 Thanks
  • 4,284 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 04:06 PM

Welcome to the forum. I split this off into your own thread for better exposure.

#3 BigFlash OFFLINE  

BigFlash

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7324
  • 150 Thanks
  • 88 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 04:26 PM

Your description is a little vague. But with the these tractors there's alway the same few places to start when it comes to hydro issue,

Check fluid level,

Verify the free wheel knob is out all the way. If it was turned in recently after not being turned in for a long time, One of the valves might be stuck in the release postion.

Check for slop in the linkage, I usually lay underneath the tractor with the engine off and work the drive lever and look for any loose joints, on the transmission you will see a small bushing that rides in a cam groove, If this bushing can't spin freely it will cause wear and slop allowing the hydro to be jerky.

Let us know if you need anything explained in further detail.

Edited by BigFlash, August 01, 2016 - 04:27 PM.

#4 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 08:35 PM

120 owner and lover here.  Others are pointing you in the right direction but I'd put my money on a partially stuck hydro release valve. What's the serial number of your tractor?  I can get you info from the service manual on adjusting the hydro linkage.