• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 769 Thanks
  • 509 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 12:40 PM

Ok I am not sure if there is such a thing as a block off plate for the fuel pump. I have a Tecumseh 12 running quite well with out the fuel pump connected  its in place but its leaking oil. Do they make a plate to block off the fuel pump hole or is this something I will have to make? Just for reference its a mechanical fuel pump located just under the carb on an HH120.

#2 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,326 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 03:40 PM

It's just a nipple threaded into the block for the fuel pump on all the ones I've worked on.Haven't had the pleasure of working on 1 with the mechanical fuel pump.

Doing a bit of digging I see the HH120 with mechanical fuel pump are pretty hard to find and Info on them is near non existent.

There is 1 pic I found on the web of 1 on a 68 Hydro trac 12

P9240747.JPG

Looks like a Fuel pump off of an old Wisconsin engine.Mounting flange MIGHT be the same as a Kohler fuel pump but I have no idea.

Could try something like 1 of these but I have no idea if they will fit.

http://www.ebay.com/... plate&_sacat=0

Edited by EricFromPa, August 01, 2016 - 03:41 PM.

#3 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 06:31 PM

You could always make a plate and gasket

#4 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 769 Thanks
  • 509 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 06:43 PM

Yep thats the fuel pump I got , I took it off to inspect it and its just a basic mechanical cam driven pump. I decided that before I bypass this that maybe I should try running the tractor full throttle under load first. It passed runs great with out it and as neat as it is to have nostalgia wise as pet rock so I am not going to rebuild it, not that I could find parts for it anyway.  

Yes its on my 68 hydro trac 12 its the only sears I got that has one......oooops correction HAD one..

• MH81 said thank you

#5 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 07:31 AM

I have NOT confirmed it but the Kohler block off plate would probably fit. Tecumseh used an Airtex pump and Kohler also used the same basic pump. I doubt the mounting flange is different.

The Kohler rebuild kit is SO close to fitting the Tecumseh pump but I just couldn't quite make it work. The diaphram and check valves fit but the positioning of the slot on the connecting shaft is just a little bit off.

#6 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,520 Thanks
  • 3,913 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 08:41 AM

When I switched my kohler from mechanical to electric pump, I made a plate with sheet metal and a layer of gasket. So far hasn't leaked.