28 replies to this topic

#16 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 11:20 AM

Does anyone have measurements from the rear mounting bracket on these schematics to the hole in side of frame that the manual lift lever would go? I believe the manual lift mount would mount in the exact place as the electric mount, correct?
Also measurements for part 30 would be handy, as that should hook directly into the existing actuator lift mechanism. Thanks!

#30 is the part that lifts the plow. I was originally thinking the snow blade jake offered was a hook style. My bad!
That flat bar has a pin on the one side that goes into the lift mech.

Edited by stiemmy, August 02, 2016 - 11:24 AM.

• GT FEVER said thank you

#17 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 11:23 AM

Here ya go!

I did this a few years ago.
http://www.mytractor...hief-800-a.html

#18 GT FEVER OFFLINE  

GT FEVER
  • Member No: 83863
  • 5 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 06:48 PM

#30 is the part that lifts the plow. I was originally thinking the snow blade jake offered was a hook style. My bad!
That flat bar has a pin on the one side that goes into the lift mech.

Thanks Stiemmy! Do you have any idea how long part # 30 is and if the mounting hole in plow arm should be lined up directly below the lift?

#19 FixItCharlie ONLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • Member No: 47950
  • 357 Thanks
  • 258 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 07:39 PM

Will this manual help.

Attached File  Jacobsen Owners and Parts list for trip blade 59725HS.pdf   3.05MB   29 downloads

Charlie

#20 GT FEVER OFFLINE  

GT FEVER
  • 5 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 08:10 PM

Here ya go!

I did this a few years ago.
http://www.mytractor...hief-800-a.html

Thanks Stiemmy! 

Your pictures are helpful! Now I can see clearly that I do not need the Jacobsen rear mounting bracket (mine is angled up to mount directly to bar on frame pictured in your photo).

I also have a good idea where to drill the hole through the arm to accept the mounting bar to hook to lift system.

I will have to guess at the measurements of part # 30. I am assuming that I need to have the rear bracket on my plow mounted, leave the plow on ground, measure distance and make it the longest distance of its range.

Was the lever bar assembly attached to the other side of the tractor at any point? If so, where?

I appreciate you going through all of this trouble to help! Hopefully, this will help many other people pondering the same issue!

#21 GT FEVER OFFLINE  

GT FEVER
  • 5 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 08:15 PM

TOTALLY! THANK YOU! The only thing it doesn't provide is measurements of part # 30! Thank you so much for taking the time to help! I didn't want to start drilling holes until I had a clear picture of where to do so!

#22 MM MARK OFFLINE  

MM MARK
  • Member No: 83900
  • 10 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 08:19 PM

part #30 length is 11"

hole length from little pin to big hole is 8 1/2" and 9 1/2"(some of part#30 have 2 big holes in them

the dimension of part # 17 from the U (back end) to the lift point is 20"     

Hope this helps           Mark

#23 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 10:33 PM

You know, now looking a little closer at your pics, that blue blade looks more like a plow for a Lgt series ford. Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

#24 GT FEVER OFFLINE  

GT FEVER
  • 5 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted August 03, 2016 - 09:50 AM

part #30 length is 11"

hole length from little pin to big hole is 8 1/2" and 9 1/2"(some of part#30 have 2 big holes in them

the dimension of part # 17 from the U (back end) to the lift point is 20"     

Hope this helps           Mark

Thanks Mark! You took all the guess work out of my project! I envisioned drilling holes and making swiss cheese out of my blade arm if they were in the wrong place! I appreciate all the help! Between all of the answers, this thread should have all the information anyone ever needs in the future!

#25 GT FEVER OFFLINE  

GT FEVER
  • 5 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted August 03, 2016 - 09:52 AM

You know, now looking a little closer at your pics, that blue blade looks more like a plow for a Lgt series ford. Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

That's what I thought, but it was originally orange! The person I got it from had a newer LGT FORD, and he said Jacobsen made it, he didn't like the orange so painted it black.

That's what I was told, but it may not be accurate!

#26 GT FEVER OFFLINE  

GT FEVER
  • 5 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted August 03, 2016 - 09:54 AM

That's what I thought, but it was originally orange! The person I got it from had a newer LGT FORD, and he said Jacobsen made it, he didn't like the orange so painted it black.

Oh, I see you were talking about the blue FORD blade I put in the pictures and not my black blade!

I thought my black blade ALSO looked like it was made for a newer LGT FORD too! Correct me if I'm wrong, the only real difference is the bend and the mounting bracket mounts directly to rear rod in frame undercarriage, right?

Edited by GT FEVER, August 03, 2016 - 09:55 AM.

#27 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted August 03, 2016 - 10:13 AM

I think so! The newer ones used the deck lift linkage for those.

#28 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted August 03, 2016 - 11:08 AM

One important thing to note is the LGT blade used 1 bigger round bar to attach to.

The older Chiefs/Fords used a carriage that attached to the frame in 2 points as per the link I posted earlier. That round bar on the Jake/Ford maybe in the same or close enough position to use, BUT it maynot be heavy enough on its own to accept the force of that plow. May want to look into that?

#29 GT FEVER OFFLINE  

GT FEVER
  • 5 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted August 03, 2016 - 08:33 PM

I think so! The newer ones used the deck lift linkage for those.

Yes, and I don't have the deck lift linkage for the 140! I did some measurements, and stared at it a while. I think if I followed the manual and drilled a hole, it will bind before it lifts! (because it doesn't use the rear mount for float). SO, instead I am scheming a plan to create a custom lift for it to squeeze it up to the frame. I think I have a plan that will work with the existing electric actuator. It is a super heavy blade, so I aim to brace it on both sides. I'll post some pictures of it when it's complete, in case it will help anyone in the future. Thanks for all of your help and insight! MUCH APPERCIATED!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ford 140, dozer trip blade, electric actuator lift, mounting ford-jacobsen dozer