• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 12:06 AM

one of my neighbors that moved here a few monthes ago is having some tough financial times and put this up for sale so I asked about it ,He started out wanting a grand for it which was cheap enough,then he told me he was gonna loose his harley he bought a while ago if he didnt sell some thing so he chose to sell this bike,He will be moving closer to his new job and didnt want to move it,So he finallyt just says for me how about $400 bucks,,,,,I said sold and took her to my shop,My wife is looking forward to going on a few trips with this, and so am I,We will run it and see if we still like to ride like we think then get some thing newer,,,maybe,,this is a real good lookin and running bike,She is a Honda gl 1100 gold wing,1982 model Black and lots of chrome with air ride, full dress

Attached Thumbnails

• 0731161845a.jpg
  • 0731161846.jpg

• Cvans, Traill95, toomanytoys84 and 1 other said thanks

#2 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 988 Thanks
  • 672 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 01:10 AM

Be careful out there, I have been riding on two wheels since I was a kid but just sold my bike because it isn't like it used to be on the road. Every car I passed the driver was on a phone or texting or doing makeup, not one driver actually driving! Last ride I took a teenager merged into me and when I finally had to kick his mirror to get his attention so he didn't run me into the guard rail he just laughed and kept coming. I had to slam my brakes so he could keep merging god forbid I have a lane to ride in! So I exit and pull over so I could retrieve my heart from my but and guess who pulls up next to me and proceeds to give me a lecture about how I need to watch where I am going because cars always have the right of way over motorcycles! Never knew that guess I should go back to drivers ed to learn these new driving skills such as texting while driving and how I am more important than every other driver on the road. Good luck and congrats on the bike just keep your head on a swivel and a helmet on your head!
  • Gtractor, jpackard56, oldedeeres and 3 others have said thanks

#3 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 01:28 AM

Oh I know what ya mean,I rode bikes for years and people were idiots back then 20 plus years ago ,I am sure thing havent improved.We live in a small town(300) people and the whole area is farm land I have no intention of going near a bigger city,I told my wife after all these years I may need training wheels,,,she looked impressed!

• Eric and chieffan have said thanks

#4 Mtypython OFFLINE  

Mtypython
  • Member No: 80530
  • 259 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 04:23 AM

Nice bike,never went that big, 750 motoguzi was my cruiser way back
  • chieffan and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#5 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,623 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 05:24 AM

WOW!  Nice lookin bike.  :thumbs:

I have an '81 GL 1100 full dress with all Hondaline  trim.  Had it 10+ years now and its been a good-un.

• chieffan and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#6 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,623 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 05:26 AM

...... just keep your head on a swivel and a helmet on your head!

Here in Misery [Missouri] we have a helmet law.  :(

• Eric, chieffan and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#7 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 07:21 AM

To bad when the govt. has to protect people from themselves.  When I was riding we had a saying, "Anyone that rides without a helmet usually don't have anything to put in it".

• Gtractor, oldedeeres and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#8 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 770 Thanks
  • 510 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 07:51 AM

Our saying was if you have a 10.00 head wear a 10.00 helmet. In our race organization helmets were a rule the price of them wasn't. 

I want to get a bike now that I live up here in Maine, I am hoping that I am old enough to behave on one though. It seems that once I pop that front wheel off the ground the adrenalin rushes though me and the kid in me comes back alive. 15 years ago my buddy got a GSX1100 and he told me to take it for a spin. I set the front wheel back down at a buck twenty and said to my self that I am not behaved enough to ride one again yet. 

Now maybe if I had a goldwing and not a crotch rocket maybe I would behave ......naaaa I am betting I can wheeling that sucker to.

• Gtractor and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#9 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 08:15 AM

Oh I know what ya mean,I rode bikes for years and people were idiots back then 20 plus years ago ,I am sure thing havent improved.We live in a small town(300) people and the whole area is farm land I have no intention of going near a bigger city,I told my wife after all these years I may need training wheels,,,she looked impressed!

http://www.landingear.com/home.php   

Please consider taking the MSF safety course.  I did after my 20 + years hideous from riding and I'm glad I did.  Be sure to get the proper safety gear. cycle gear,  Revzillia, Dennis Kirk and Jake wilson I believe are the best places to check out to get your gear. I would also suggest getting some ride time solo under your belt before you ride 2 up.

That's a nice looking bike, especially considering how old it is. I've seen a lot of wings from the early 80's and most do not look as good as yours.  Have fun and be safe out there. 

• Reed Breneman said thank you

#10 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 08:19 AM

Now maybe if I had a goldwing and not a crotch rocket maybe I would behave ......naaaa I am betting I can wheeling that sucker to.

Get a touring Harley, you'll have a really tough time getting the front wheel up, although I've gotten light on the front a few times on my Heritage.   :dancingbanana:

• Reed Breneman and John Arsenault have said thanks

#11 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,486 Thanks
  • 5,014 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 09:29 AM

"Anyone that rides without a helmet usually don't have anything to put in it".

The states that require helmets are actually saving the tax payers money. Too many times people that don't wear helmets don't have adequate health insurance. Then tax payers get to pay their medical bills when they get in an accident and hospital costs go up.  :mad2:

#12 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 09:46 AM

You got the name right Misery,I originally  came here from wisconsin which at the time had no helmet law,I do not like them myself,I believe they cause more of a safety issue then they help but  thats just my opinion,As for practice ,I will be taking several slower single person rides before i will trust myself with my wife on itI would never want to hurt her.I know all about crashes,my worst on a bike was broke 3 vertabrae in my neck ,cracked several ribs ,dislocated my right shoulder and screwed up my right hip and some road rash,I use to race around on many many dirt bikes when I was a kid all thru my teens then there was a hole bunch of street bikes ,most were 1000 cc or bigger,My big crash actually happened on a Honda v65 sabre ,My high speed days are over now and a slow ,comfortable enjoyable ride sounds real fun,my Idea of fun before was 130 plus on the interstate passing cars like they sat still(stupid)gee I just realized that sounds like my sex life!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gtractor and Cvans have said thanks

#13 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,486 Thanks
  • 5,014 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 11:35 AM

I had a V45 Sabre and that was one of, if not the nicest bike I've ever ridden.  Quiet, smooth, and quick. True pleasure to ride. 

• toppop52 and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#14 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,492 Thanks
  • 3,380 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 12:24 PM

I started with a moped, bought a 125 Honda, swapped it on a CL450, sold that and bought a V45 Magna, shaft drive, cruiser looks, V4 with around 80 h.p. and 6 speed, loved that bike, my all time favorite. Later I had Yamaha 1100, sold it for a Suzuki GSX1100, my second favorite bike. I also had a V twin Suzuki, forgot the model, didn't like it at all, wouldn't fall out of a tree.
  • Cvans and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#15 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,623 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 02:50 PM

Helmets only help when your head hits the pavement. 

I don't intend for my head to hit the pavement.  :poke:   :smilewink: