• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Professor1990 OFFLINE  

Professor1990
  • Member No: 83864
  • 87 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted July 25, 2016 - 10:15 PM

I was at our local coffee shop this morning when a dear friend of mine who is 75 yrs old came in and asked me if I had $100. I asked him what for and he told me he found another Wheel Horse for me, come to find out he bought this particular tractor brand new back years ago and later traded it to a friend of his. Now his friend who is also getting up in years is ready to sell it and Ray wanted me to have his old tractor as he knew it would be going to a good home. I asked what model it was but he couldn't remember, but I do know it has a tiller that goes with it. I am excited for the weekend to come along so Ray and I can go pick up his old tractor, and I am also honored that I will be the new owner of the machine he loved all those years ago. I will post more details as well as pictures after we get her to her new home.
  • Alc, CRFarnsworth, boyscout862 and 3 others have said thanks

#2 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 04:06 AM

Good deal!

I was told that after you collect long enough, the tractors would come to you!

• Professor1990 said thank you

#3 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 1,106 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 06:51 AM

I was at our local coffee shop this morning when a dear friend of mine who is 75 yrs old came in and asked me if I had $100. I asked him what for and he told me he found another Wheel Horse for me, come to find out he bought this particular tractor brand new back years ago and later traded it to a friend of his. Now his friend who is also getting up in years is ready to sell it and Ray wanted me to have his old tractor as he knew it would be going to a good home. I asked what model it was but he couldn't remember, but I do know it has a tiller that goes with it. I am excited for the weekend to come along so Ray and I can go pick up his old tractor, and I am also honored that I will be the new owner of the machine he loved all those years ago. I will post more details as well as pictures after we get her to her new home.

Not only is it special for you to be thought of by that older Fellow, but that is a great story that goes along with that Tractor. (Thumbs up) ;)
  • Professor1990 said thank you

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted July 27, 2016 - 10:12 AM

AWESOME story!

#5 MolonLabe OFFLINE  

MolonLabe

Rust Wrangler

• Member No: 59683
  • 411 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 27, 2016 - 03:41 PM

Sounds like your old friend was looking out for you. Any GT with a tiller included is worth well over the $100 asking price, kudos to your friend! WH tillers are real  beasts, which I'm sure you will discover. My tiller is one attachment that I would never sell, even if it is a PITA to get mounted.

SAM_1204.JPG

#6 Professor1990 OFFLINE  

Professor1990
  • Member No: 83864
  • 87 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 08:46 AM

Should be going to pick up the new tractor one day this week...Ray and I planned on picking it up this weekend until his wife informed him that they were going to the lake for their anniversary at the last minute, but when I talked to him Friday morning we figured on going to get it maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Will post more details as soon as we get her to her new home and accustomed to the rest of the Herd lol
  • MolonLabe said thank you