• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 347 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted July 23, 2016 - 10:46 PM

This thing has been in the shed for 4 years and it must be time to do something with it. First thing first I need to identify it. Any help will be appreciated.Garden Tractors 001.JPG Garden Tractors 002.JPG Garden Tractors 003.JPG Garden Tractors 005.JPG Garden Tractors 007.JPG Garden Tractors 006.JPG

• Traill95, boyscout862, petrj6 and 4 others have said thanks

#2 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,315 Thanks
  • 982 posts

Posted July 23, 2016 - 10:57 PM

Wow, according to the pic datestamp you've had it 14 yrs? I've no help on identity.

Mike

• MolonLabe and chieffan have said thanks

#3 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,624 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted July 23, 2016 - 11:00 PM

Looks like a Simplicity Landlord- based on the original color showing through. 

It has hydraulic lift too!  :thumbs:

Edited by Gtractor, July 23, 2016 - 11:06 PM.

• rustyoldjunk, MolonLabe, holdenboy1960 and 2 others have said thanks

#4 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted July 23, 2016 - 11:01 PM

looks like a frankintractor, an early 60's simplicity with a bunch of mods
  • MolonLabe, chieffan and secondtry have said thanks

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted July 23, 2016 - 11:52 PM

It's a Heinz 57,  rare tractors.  Tried to paint green for better sales, but missed the correct Hue on that!

• MolonLabe, chieffan and secondtry have said thanks

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,301 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 12:02 AM

It appears that someone is trying to turn a simplicity into an Allis B10 like this one
image.jpeg

The 10's were made by Simplicity with some cosmetic differences

I'm sure experts can point out better an maybe someone can get specific on the "mods" mentioned
  • rustyoldjunk, MolonLabe, holdenboy1960 and 2 others have said thanks

#7 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • 347 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 01:14 AM

I had a sneaking hunch that it might not be 100% factory original. I was hoping to find where to look for serial# or other indication of age and make. the inside of the hood has the red orange color that i associate with Simplicity. Came with front blade belly and belly blade but no deck. In my neighborhood we grow a bumper crop of rocks so decks don't generally last long. Guess I'll go look at Simplicity pictures and maybe manuals Thank You  Don.  O yes I almost forgot to mention the pictures I posted were taken today I think the date was set in the camera once in about 03 and ignored since.    

• boyscout862, petrj6, holdenboy1960 and 1 other said thanks

#8 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 05:30 AM

definitely a simplicity or allis tractor, mid 60's or so.  there should be a serial # tag on the seat pan rite behind the seat unless they painted over it.  hydro lift is nice I it still works, engine should be a 243400 series briggs.  great machines if you can get it running correctly.  You can also try to date it by the engine, there should be a serial # stamped in the tin shroud either up on top or just down the sides.  you will most likely have to take some sandpaper to it to find the stamping.

Pete

• MH81, boyscout862, MolonLabe and 2 others have said thanks

#9 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,802 Thanks
  • 7,542 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 07:38 AM

Be carefull with that type of plow. They are known as frame breakers because they don't "trip" like a spring loaded plow. What should be mentioned is that those are excellant tractors when working right, You have a real diamond in the rough. If you have the mid mount blade, they are scarce and very handy for grading lawns and driveways. The hydraulic lift is a nice option when you get older. Someone did convert the ignition on that to use a coil. You need to be carefull when working on the wiring because it now doesn't follow the normal wiring diagram. Download the manuals from our Manuals Section and do the maintenance on it before you try to start it. Use the "Troubleshooting Section" of the engine manual to figure out any engine problems. Good Luck, Rick

• KennyP, MolonLabe, holdenboy1960 and 1 other said thanks

#10 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 11:18 AM

First thing you should do is pull the motor and clean it out, replace the coil to get it correct again.  then see what you have there, as boyscout said they are great machines when they are all sorted out.  lots of attachments and very versatile.  Watch out for the bevel gear box they get loose and really loud.  I love mine and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Pete

• boyscout862 and MolonLabe have said thanks

#11 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • 347 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 11:33 AM

definitely a simplicity or allis tractor, mid 60's or so.  there should be a serial # tag on the seat pan rite behind the seat unless they painted over it.  hydro lift is nice I it still works, engine should be a 243400 series briggs.  great machines if you can get it running correctly.  You can also try to date it by the engine, there should be a serial # stamped in the tin shroud either up on top or just down the sides.  you will most likely have to take some sandpaper to it to find the stamping.

Pete

Yep found the outline of what was left of a tag in the paint behind the seat. I would say the chances of recovering any info from it are slim to none. Looked at the fan shroud and found nothing. The paint is thick. I will wait until I have lots of time to try to recover the engine #. I usually start with WD40 in an attempt to soften the paint then graduate to carb cleaner and brake kleen. One or the other will usually soften most consumer type paint. Thanks for the help          Don

• MolonLabe said thank you

#12 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • 347 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 11:58 AM

Be carefull with that type of plow. They are known as frame breakers because they don't "trip" like a spring loaded plow. What should be mentioned is that those are excellant tractors when working right, You have a real diamond in the rough. If you have the mid mount blade, they are scarce and very handy for grading lawns and driveways. The hydraulic lift is a nice option when you get older. Someone did convert the ignition on that to use a coil. You need to be carefull when working on the wiring because it now doesn't follow the normal wiring diagram. Download the manuals from our Manuals Section and do the maintenance on it before you try to start it. Use the "Troubleshooting Section" of the engine manual to figure out any engine problems. Good Luck, Rick

Part one covers,Large Frame tractors,Landlord,Sovereign,Baron 7000&7100 tractors. Is this the manual you are referring to, my tractor is a stick shift not hydro. Would you think this refers to mine. I have the belly blade not sure it is factory but it appears to be The man I got the tractor from said he leveled his ground with it. he was referring to about 3 acres. So this machine has been well used, and not always given much respect.  Thanks for the help Don

• boyscout862 said thank you

#13 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,802 Thanks
  • 7,542 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 06:02 PM

That manual and its part II will cover your tractor but you have to identify which one it is and use the sections that pertain to yours. Good Luck, Rick

• secondtry said thank you