• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted May 25, 2011 - 05:37 AM

Daniel, the sad part of the button is I put both new buttons in, so it wasn't rusted/pitted. I may have to pull the PTO and check the setting again, as I couldn't get it to release. That may have had something to do with the fiber button getting wasted. Just to much to do in so little time.

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 06:00 AM

Got the gauge wheels yesterday. Will be looking to install soon. May have to use a smaller diameter wheel than these came with.

#18 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 08:53 AM

On the clutch buttons, I prefer to stick with the fiber ones instead of the bronze ones. That way when the wearing occurs it is on the button which is a five minute job to replace and is a WHOLE lot less costly as well. It's a built in weak spot to keep operating costs down in my opinion. I've only ever replaced one of them in the 4 cubs I have and it was not completely gone either. A neat trick for anyone that isn't aware of it is when you don't have a PTO powered implement onthe tractor is to just throw the implement clutch into gear and thus the wear of the fiber button is eliminated.
  • KennyP said thank you

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 04:29 PM

The reason I went to bronze is the fiber button lasted two minutes. Don't understand why, the last one went for a couple years. I'll see how this goes, I don't use it very much anyway. Thanks for the explanation, though.