1 reply to this topic

#1 zolt OFFLINE  

zolt

• Member No: 1713
  • 10 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted May 18, 2011 - 01:57 AM

I know what some are thinking----'didn't he just finish asking about a 116?',,,
Correct---, but as always, when night tv is dull, I turn to Kijiji....and lo and behold, there it was ---a 185 JD for $125. in Canada!,
Immediately I emailed, got hold of someone and was told to phone ..........
of course no one answered all next day, then finally when I just about gave up, the ph rings in the evening, and am told that since I was first to leave message, ----come and pick it up, NOW if still interested.
to cut to the chase, the seller told me he loved the Kawasaki, the hydro was fine, but the clutch was gone.
So, again with the q's,----I see there is a filter on the motor. Does this mean oil pump?
The other thing I'm curious about is the deck. It seems bigger than the 116, as are the rear tires, so how big is the deck?
Pictures soon,.......
(how does one go from 0 to 6 tractors in a very short time? (all I really wanted at first was a nice little riding mower for my modest little yard):canada:

#2 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted May 18, 2011 - 06:06 AM

The 185 was part of the lawn tractor line that replaced the 108/111/112L/116 line and consisted of the 130, 160, 165, 170, 175 and 180 as well. The 185 will have a single cylinder 17 hp Kawasaki engine, full pressure lubrication. And yes it has an oil pump - it's item 9 below. You can see more info from the 1987 brochure here: 1987 John Deere Lawn Tractors - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums

Attached Thumbnails

• 185_oil_pump.jpg

• MH81 said thank you