• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xrperry ONLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 277 Thanks
  • 314 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 02:35 PM

hi everybody, another question. i get alot (it seems) of gear noise. it sounds like my g9 bolens.is this normal in this transaxle? at low speeds it is not bad but as you go faster it gets louder.i checked fluid level in pump, its good. i changed 90 wt in diff , it was good , no bits or anything in the 90 wt.sounds like a bunch of straight cut gears to me.

• toppop52 said thank you

#2 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 773 Thanks
  • 511 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 06:11 PM

If its the sound I am thinking it is, your correct no need to worry. These hydros won't be quiet like the manuals. If the noise you hear gets louder as you let off the hydro lever from full speed to neutral , yep thats the normal whine these hydros make.  Chances are if you have a good fan, good fresh full fluids, and the cooling fins are clean, you can not abuse it enough to break it if all you do are the things its designed for (snow blowing mowing etc). I also like to come to a stop before going from forward to reverse although often i don't use the brake because when you catch neutral it stops you. 

Any clunking or knocking noise is no good , whining is ok. Even the pumps in these things are gear driven...Super solid if you ask me.

I was extra careful to what I was getting into this time around as far as hydros are concerned. So trust me you will love that sears reliability.

• MH81 and Xrperry have said thanks

#3 Xrperry ONLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 277 Thanks
  • 314 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 07:24 PM

Cool thanks for the info John, no noises except for the whine