• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 496 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 04:13 PM

Hi all,  I'm working on an 1886 for a customer at work and after getting the problems he wanted fixed he said to service it as well.  Got that all done including the hydro filter and started it up so I could check the fluid levels and noticed the hydro filter was spraying oil out pretty good.  Shut it of and pulled the filter to check the gasket and it was good, figured I didn't get it tight enough and put it back on and tightened it up.  Now it won't drive and when i pull the lever for the lift I can't see the rockshaft moving.  Replaced the filter with another new one and it still does the same thing.  When it was spraying oil out the tractor was moving but after tightening up the filter it stopped.  The oil is almost full and when I press the pedal by hand I can feel a vibration and hear a slight whine as if it's trying to move but nothing happens.  I have the manual for the Eaton 12 and I don't see anything in it about priming or bleeding the system.  Any suggestions or ideas on where to look next?  Thanks in advance.        Stewart

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 04:18 PM

Full of air.

#3 heliosuk OFFLINE  

heliosuk
  • Member No: 59196
  • 87 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 04:20 PM

Was going to say sounds like air in the system. Sometimes you have to cycle hydraulics a few times to expel it all. Have you replaced with correct oil? Whine is to be expected if the system is not fully filled and bled.

#4 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,696 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 05:46 PM

Air in the line?

Correct Oil?

Correct filter?

#5 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 06:00 PM

Agree with others,sounds like air in the system

#6 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 06:40 PM

Correct hydro filter?
Not oil filter right?

#7 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,212 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 08:25 PM

If its the same filter should be no problem.   There air in the eaton 12 hydro bleeds them self.   Sounds like you have a blockage some were.  

Edited by wilberj, July 20, 2016 - 08:25 PM.

#8 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 496 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 09:03 PM

I got it going again.  I came back to work after supper when it was quiet and started with the basics.  Pulled the drain pan out from under it that I put there to catch the oil when I changed the filter and it had a lot more oil in it than there should have been.  Checked the dipstick and I guess I had a false reading before because it didn't show at all.  Put 1 1/2 quarts more of atf in it and its up between the add and full marks.  Started it up again pushed the pedal to go forward and about 30 seconds later I could feel resistance on the pedal and the tractor took off and goes forward and backward now.  Just to answer the questions about the oil and filter it had atf in it when I changed the filter so that's what I put back in and the filter is a Cub Cadet 923-3014 hydraulic oil filter. Thanks all.               Stewart

• bprzyw said thank you

#9 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,212 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 09:11 PM

Wix 51410 is also the right filter.    Sound like you letting it sit let the air come out that dropped the fluid level.   Dont worry these things do whine and cry even if there full.  

• LPBolens and bprzyw have said thanks