17 replies to this topic

#16 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,146 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 12:40 PM

If those footboards are in good shape, ebay them. I've seen a lot of guys in the past looking for good ones.

Wished I was closer, I would give you scrap price for the rest of it.

The foot boards and the rear fender is good.  Right fender has one little bend in the outside edge but nothing that can't be put back.  I'll keep the left rear and front wheels and tires.  Gas tank is good also but can't adapt it to work in the Bolens.

#17 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,146 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 12:44 PM

The belt pulley came off with no problem.  Thanks to PB Blaster.  Motor is back in bolted down and about everything is hooked up but the fuel system and drive shaft.  Will check on the drive shaft this afternoon.  Getting a gas tank that will work may take a while.  Fuel pump ran but did not check it for pumping gas yet.  If it don't I have a new one on hand.  I may take a 2 gal plastic gas can and make a tank out of it if I don't find one.

• olcowhand said thank you

#18 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,146 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 06:24 PM

The QT16 lives on !  Had to use a gallon jug for a fuel tank but got it fired up.  Sprayed some carb cleaner down the throat, minor adjustment on the hi speed jet and it ran great.  Drove it up the drive and back and it worked good.  The brake pedal is stiff as heck yet but it will come loose with a little more BP Blaster soaking.  Need to get a deck belt and see how the deck works.  Blades seam sharp and not beat up so that is a plus.  Will put the fender and hood on tomorrow.  95° temp with a 110° heat index so done enough for today.  Had about  20 mph breeze all day blowing right into the shop so wasn't all that bad.  Waiting for the fried chicken to get done and belly up to the table.

• olcowhand and Paulgo have said thanks