2 replies to this topic

#1 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,642 Thanks
  • 1,734 posts

Posted July 18, 2016 - 03:26 PM

We attended the show in Rainesville IN. this past weekend .I spotted this plow in the swap meet area on Saturday.

I checked it over and discussed price with a gentleman.   He was high on the price so I thanked him and was walking away when he gave me another more reasonable price.  I said I'd think on it  and check back later.   After lunch I went back to see if it was still there. With intentions of buying it.

The gentleman's wife was there and she informed me the original price was firm, and they'd take no less.  I was not happy.

I walked away.  I wanted it, a 12" plow with a 3Pt. adaptor.  But I wanted a better price.

Sunday morning I went back to the club grounds and was helping a friend load and haul his stuff. ( He made four trips hauling tractors, garden tractors and trading material).   When I passed by the people with the plow,  they were looking at me and smiling.  I said good morning and kept walking , they were then frowning.    On my last trip by their stand I stopped and asked about the plow, and asked if they had settled on a price.   Before the wife could say anything the gentleman told me a price that was half of the original asking price.     I took it.     It needs some cleaning, painting and polishing but it should look good behind my Cub 782.

Attached Thumbnails

• SUNP0007.JPG
  • SUNP0009.JPG
  • SUNP0010.JPG
  • SUNP0011.JPG
  • SUNP0012.JPG
  • SUNP0013.JPG

• olcowhand, Gtractor, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted July 18, 2016 - 04:18 PM

Nice score on that!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted July 18, 2016 - 06:02 PM

Glad you found the plow you wanted and at a price you were happy with..

You would think the husband & wife would get their $hit together with their prices!

• olcowhand and boyscout862 have said thanks