• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 03:59 PM

Hi all, well its never to early to get ready of winter at least here in MN :wave: or now is the time to get the best deal. Anyway my intention is to mount this on the 1614 PK this fall leaving the 10 hp Sno0king engine in place to power it, the seller fabricated this mount to use with his 4 wheeler he said it worked pretty good but then got a very good deal on a nice big Simplicity with 60" deck snowblower and a really nice cab so he listed this on CL for $75.00 I figure the engine is worth that.

HPIM2511.JPG HPIM2512.JPG HPIM2513.JPG HPIM2515.JPG HPIM2514.JPG

• Gtractor, MH81, grnspot110 and 5 others have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 04:06 PM

Looks good shape for that money. Think might be out there aways hanging off front of tractor?  Without engine would be back more, but probly easier to run it whole, rather than make up a drive lay-out on a PK.  Seems PK ones are kinda complicated and not that good of deal actually. This one will have more blowing power too I'm sure, only single stager's on PK's.

• boyscout862 and MNGB have said thanks

#3 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 04:19 PM

Hi Grumpy, yep that's my worry to that it might be a little far out with the engine where it is time will tell, was also thinking it is workable then it should have plenty of power likewis have only seen this type of single stage units on the metal PK's

#4 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,318 Thanks
  • 984 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 05:16 PM

With that much weight hanging that far out, better hang lots of weight on the rear or you won't push it thru 6" of powder.

Mike

#5 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 881 Thanks
  • 493 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 05:24 PM

When it's on the ground the weight will be off the tractor.

Looks like the guy did a decent job with the fabrication.  Hard to go wrong at $75.

• MNGB said thank you

#6 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,315 Thanks
  • 1,110 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 05:56 PM

Motor is worth more than what u paid!
Good score!
  • MNGB said thank you

#7 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,116 Thanks
  • 3,206 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 06:01 PM

I would say that will work good. I have the same thrower on the rear of my MF 12. I have an 8 hp motor on mine, but would like to find a 10 hp for it.

Noel

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• MNGB and jimmy G have said thanks

#8 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 06:18 PM

At that price you can't go wrong. It will be interesting to see how it works out.
  • MNGB said thank you

#9 icpik OFFLINE  

icpik

• Member No: 8205
  • 21 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 06:39 PM

Don't know if you are plowing over asphalt or gravel and I have never used this type blower.  But I was wondering if the equipment is too heavy to lift or push, would mounting it on wheels help?  Guess the wheels would be set so the face was 1/2 to 1 inch off the ground. A mid or rear blade would remove the rest of the snow.  Then again in Minnesota, unlike here, you might leave several inches of packed snow.

Don Hayes

Central Virginia, where we don't drive well on snow.

• MNGB and jimmy G have said thanks

#10 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 07:35 PM

Hi all thanks for the replies, as to what type of surface I have all of the above asphalt, concrete, mowed grass, pushing the blower I don't think would be a problem but lifting it may, and it may mount to far forward to work, since I have at least 4 other tractors with blowers this will be a project to see if it can be done and work if it can't be mount no loss if it can it will be fun to give it a go.

I've been thinking over a couple of lift ideas, 1 fabricating a mt like the dozer blade system (will it be able to lift it?) 2 extend the frame all the way under the tractor and use the 3 pt hitch  having a pivot point near the middle of the tractor, as is used on the BobCat blowers they look very heavy also, but that system works for them. The tractor has ballasted tires wheel wts and I have a wt bucket that mts on the 3 pt arms.  The idea of wheels to support it is a thought but makes for very hard to turn unless they are castering types.

#11 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • Member No: 72357
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 07:44 PM

Weight wise it looks lighter then my Bob cat. My 2414 moved the bobcat around well however steering was a bit hard with it in the air.

Ask yourself this, where is the blower going to be 99% of the time?... dragging on the ground where only pushing forces are being used from the tractor. Every thing else is just give-n-take
  • MNGB said thank you

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,332 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 09:36 PM

You got a good deal.
Hope it'll work well for you.

A spring assist might help, or is there any way to mid mount and hang a counter balance further back?
  • MNGB said thank you

#13 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted August 31, 2016 - 08:41 PM

Hi all, well there's no snow forecast but I got the Haban SB into the shop this afternoon to give it a look over and clean the carb to get the Tecumseh running as it should, also run the 1618 up to it to see how it looks. I think its going to work out and its not as heavy as it looks, I'll post some pictures as can be seen the engine is close to the bumper but I intend to try this on the 1976 1614 and the bumper on it is 4" shorter (closer to the grill) and that means the blower will be a bit closer to the tractor shortening the wt arm.

HPIM2550.JPG HPIM2551.JPG HPIM2552.JPG HPIM2553.JPG HPIM2554.JPG

#14 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 312 Thanks
  • 242 posts

Posted September 01, 2016 - 01:25 AM

If you can get down pressure on the blower the weight of the tractor is transferred to the rear and works good on flat driveway's, propane 1s back blower is the most efficient way just hard on the neck
  • MNGB said thank you

#15 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted September 01, 2016 - 07:16 AM

Hi jimmy G, thanks or the reply but I have to ask why do do you think down pressure is needed? I have 5 other snow blowers on that many other GT's and none have down pressure, and my areas to remove snow from are not flat with virtually none of it hard surface, as for traction wheel wts and other wts are used & needed the PK has ballasted rear tires plus the wheel wts..