#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,969 Thanks
  • 6,732 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 02:12 PM

Simple is not the right word for any of this Simplicity stuff!  Having heck of time with too many numbers needed or diff than what I have or such things. Went to the Simple tractor site. Lots of info, still kinda lost, cause don't have exact model of tractor by the exact long number. There are several 7016H's listed, need the long model number I guess. Will have to go out and re-check for that. Just wanting belts for mower drive and spindles. Think I now have spindle one down for size and number.  Drive we are way off on. Pto guess is what I want. I'm measuring around 69" with belt over pulleys and such, but they are listing 44 to 48". OR, now have found one listed as 74", so closer at least.

One question on the simple sight.....is there a forum to join there??  I'm not seeing forum or way to join, just lots of info on tractors. Can't ask questions there then?  I'm lost on that homepage. 

I have NO idea what deck model is, other than 42".  No tag or plate for model on this deck. All the 42" decks seem to take same 108248 spindle belt, so think that is one needed for me.  pto one still up in air on .   74" one is 175439 that I have found.

1/2" x 82 is going to be bought by me for deck for starters.  Going to use Power Rated belt.

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 10,333 Thanks
  • 7,826 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 02:33 PM

There used to be a group that you could join. We have alot of Simplicity Manuals here. Sometimes you have to look under Allis Chalmers, Homelite, or Wards for your machine. I have about a dozen of the AC/Simplicity machines and love the interchangeability of many of the parts and attachments. Good Luck, Rick

• Sawdust said thank you

#3 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 371 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 04:36 PM

Link to club homepage:

www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_content.asp

Yes you can ask questions. The trouble with these older tractors is decks could get changed out over the years as they used the same basic attachment points for around 30 years. You need the 169XXXX numbers off the tractor and deck.
  • Sawdust said thank you

#4 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 7,296 Thanks
  • 4,155 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 05:03 PM

One question on the simple sight.....is there a forum to join there??  I'm not seeing forum or way to join, .....

Be easier to just ask here on Garden Tractor Talk.  Its THE ONLY garden tractor site you need. 

• Bolens 1000, MH81, Alc and 5 others have said thanks

#5 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,900 Thanks
  • 5,276 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 05:28 PM

While I agree this is a wonderful site for those interested in garden tractors the Simplicity Allis site does have a lot of information available for those tractors. 

Having heck of time with too many numbers needed or diff than what I have or such things.

I too had a hard time trying to locate information for specific models.Their Data base is huge and it takes a while to sort through it all. Other than using the correct model number I don't know how else you would ever do it. This rings true for one of the Cub Cadet forums also. 

• Gtractor and boyscout862 have said thanks

#6 grattone ONLINE  

grattone
  • Member No: 66237
  • 290 Thanks
  • 208 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 08:18 PM

I have a 7010 and for pto to mower I have a 6874 Gates belt, which is a 1/2" x 74" belt. Without pulling the belt cover I'm pretty sure it belt on the deck spindles are 82" (6882) , I found the ticket where I purchased the 6874 and at the same time I got a 6882. (yes it is a

42" deck ) hope this helps.

Good luck

Gratton

• Cvans, boyscout862 and Sawdust have said thanks

#7 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,731 Thanks
  • 5,089 posts

Posted July 18, 2016 - 07:08 AM

One question on the simple sight.....is there a forum to join there??  I'm not seeing forum or way to join, just lots of info on tractors. Can't ask questions there then?  I'm lost on that homepage. 

That was my only beef with that site, the forum link was placed down the page in a paragraph on the homepage, should be a direct link at the top or something.

#8 Orange appeal OFFLINE  

Orange appeal
  • Member No: 77395
  • 303 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 05:59 AM

Talented Mr Green said they're revamping the site or remaking it since theirs is a little old so simple tractors should be getting a face lift soon he promised. I thought it was a pretty neat site lit of useful information if you don't mind sifting for a while. The history part is prolly my favorite and they have a nice gift shop too.
  • TAHOE said thank you

#9 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,101 Thanks
  • 2,201 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 12:59 PM

The problem with the Simple Tractors site is that it's SO simple, most folks are simply unfamiliar with how websites used to be designed.  

There IS a link at the top of all Simple Tractors pages that takes you directly into the forums.  It's a logo for the collector club.

For someone beginning with a Simplicity built machine (don't try to cross anything to an Allis, Homelite etc #...the Simplicity part numbers are all you will ever need), you simply need a model number.  They are easy to identify.  I use google for all my Simplicity parts needs, especially belts.  Its so incredibly simple so long as you haven't lost the model #.

If you do not know the model # of your deck...then you ASK someone here or elsewhere.  That's always the easiest way to figure something out about these machines.  Include pictures so we know what the heck you have.  Without them, we are guessing along with you.

Assuming the 7016H has the proper 42" deck and it is not modified, then I google "Simplicity 7016H 42" deck".  The first result in that search is partstree, which gives me the model # for my tractor, deck and other options.  I click on "1690082 - Simplicity Hitch for 42" Deck" and it shows me the belt part number is 176439.  I google "Simplicity 176439" and the first result shows me that belt is a 1/2" x 74" belt.  This is approximately 20 seconds worth of work.

Likewise, you can use the simpletractors site to find the belt # even quicker.  On that page, click 'What fits" to see that deck #1690022 fits a 7016H.  This step is not necessary if the deck has an ID tag.

Next, from the homepage, click 'Parts & Manuals".  Then click "Belt Reference".  On page 5 there is your deck #1690022.  It uses PTO belt #176439, and shows it is 74.1" long.  Simplicity always gives the exact length, and you can ignore the ".1".  Find yourself a 74" belt.  This method may have taken a few second longer, but it also revealed where I can find any and all attachment and belt # information I would ever need.

If someone plans to keep and maintain a Simplicity tractor, I'd recommend simply bookmarking the Belt Reference page.  It has all belts, all lengths, for all combinations of attachments and tractors.  I pull it up on my phone when standing in the tractor supply store.

We are in the final stages of web design and data transfer for the Simpletractors site and clubhouse forums.  Hopefully folks will find it more comfortable and device compatible.

• ducky, boyscout862, TAHOE and 1 other said thanks

#10 jabelman ONLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,670 Thanks
  • 1,221 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 02:23 PM

it's a great reference site tons of info I joined, but not really active on it. the issue I had was with posting pictures the files had to be ridiculously small size and I also do everything on the mobile side made it a little difficult to navigate. everyone was friendly and answered all my questions.

Edited by jabelman, July 19, 2016 - 02:23 PM.

#11 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,101 Thanks
  • 2,201 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 09:36 AM

it's a great reference site tons of info I joined, but not really active on it. the issue I had was with posting pictures the files had to be ridiculously small size and I also do everything on the mobile side made it a little difficult to navigate. everyone was friendly and answered all my questions.

Photo's and device compatibility are complaint #1.  The new site should have all the features folks are commonly accustomed to for use with mobile devices, easy photo uploads, adaptability to Facebook, etc.

Since the club site is not 'owned' by any for-profit company, as most forums are, the expense is entirely paid for by past and current member dues, approved at various project points by the executive committee, and funded in the future solely by the membership.  It is obviously our hope that the use of the site, and club membership, may grow to some degree.  

Club Membership dues have been approved to remain at $10/annually, per person, as they have been since the club's inception, nearly 20 years ago.

#12 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 13,236 Thanks
  • 17,409 posts

Posted July 20, 2016 - 10:10 AM

Check GTT first glgrumpy!!!