• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Xrperry OFFLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 264 Thanks
  • 306 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 11:24 AM

i got a oem dual wheel kit with the tractor i bought. they are square tubes with studs. also got nice wheel set with tires mounted,tires branded sears, same tread pattern. my question is, other than looking cool is there any real big advantage for duals? 

• chieffan said thank you

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,135 Thanks
  • 4,487 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 11:39 AM

Yea, you will hit the side of the door open more often when you drive it in.  :rolling:

• Gtractor and Xrperry have said thanks

#3 Xrperry OFFLINE  

Xrperry
  • 264 Thanks
  • 306 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 11:45 AM

Yea seems more of a pain than its worth, I would think it puts more stress on axles, makes the tractor wider and you always seem to get a flat on the inside dual, never fails.

Edited by Xrperry, July 17, 2016 - 11:47 AM.

• chieffan said thank you

#4 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,582 Thanks
  • 3,897 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 11:59 AM

They'd be alright with a loader for more stability,  or on steep slopes to keep from rolling the tractor.  

Hauling and storing the tractor could be just a pain in the keester with the extra width.

Opinions abound,  I don't think they look cool hanging way out there like that.  That's why hot rodders spend the extra time and money to "tub" their cars so the tires don't stick out the side when its clearly easier to run offset wheels. 

• chieffan and Xrperry have said thanks

#5 Xrperry OFFLINE  

Xrperry
  • 264 Thanks
  • 306 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 12:06 PM

I agree, I just might put the spacers up for sale, keep the pair of mounted tires for spares. In case of a flat I can just change it out and fix the flat later.

#6 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,135 Thanks
  • 4,487 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 12:08 PM

Yea seems more of a pain than its worth, I would think it puts more stress on axles, makes the tractor wider and you always seem to get a flat on the inside dual, never fails.

Slime will fix a ton of flats and bead leaks.  Keep it around all the time.  Some swear by it and others swear at it.  To each his own I guess.

• Xrperry said thank you