• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 blacktruck OFFLINE  

blacktruck

• Member No: 4033
  • 21 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 03:47 PM

Question here to throw out to the masses of experts on all things Ford/Jacobsen. I've been a long time user of the old Ford garden tractors. I've had an LGT 18H for a number of years and was wondering if anyone ever built a three point hitch for this model. I've got a couple other color tractors that have those and it seems this one would be capable within reason (like the other colors too) if there was one on it. I've only seen a couple of this model and seen way more of the other models. Makes me wonder if there was a reason why.......

Thanks guys...

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#2 rustyoldjunk ONLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 03:52 PM

There was a factory cat.0 three point hitch offered for them. Finding one might or might not be tough.

• blacktruck said thank you

#3 blacktruck OFFLINE  

blacktruck

• 21 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 08:29 PM

Thanks rustyoldjunk...

I'll keep looking, Maybe one will turn up somewhere. I've got a tiller and front blade. It would be neat to find the 3 point for it. Always seemed to be a good tractor for the things I used it for...probably overused it a time or three now that I think of it. 

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted July 14, 2016 - 08:13 AM

If you don't over use it you're not trying

#5 gksyn OFFLINE  

gksyn
  • Member No: 83585
  • 56 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted July 14, 2016 - 01:53 PM

Thanks rustyoldjunk...
I'll keep looking, Maybe one will turn up somewhere. I've got a tiller and front blade. It would be neat to find the 3 point for it. Always seemed to be a good tractor for the things I used it for...probably overused it a time or three now that I think of it.

Parts / Implements ARE hard to find for these tractors. I'm looking for a front blade and a whole tractor with a deck and 3 point hitch.
I already have one, maybe I can help with measurements or pictures if you planned on making one yourself.
Check out the repair manual in the manual section. Maybe offer some insight.

#6 blacktruck OFFLINE  

blacktruck

• 21 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted July 16, 2016 - 09:20 AM

Parts / Implements ARE hard to find for these tractors. I'm looking for a front blade and a whole tractor with a deck and 3 point hitch.
I already have one, maybe I can help with measurements or pictures if you planned on making one yourself.
Check out the repair manual in the manual section. Maybe offer some insight.

I've got a front blade and rear tiller for mine. The deck is okay but needs work. When I'm back home again I plan to do more work on it. I've had it for many years and now need to show it a little attention. Pictures of the 3 point would be a help. I think I can build one but not sure how it is attached to the frame. 

Thanks..

If you don't over use it you're not trying

Strongly agreed crittersf1...

Manufacturer ratings are just a guideline aren't they????   

But seriously as a retired aviation guy, I do follow those but also admittedly push the envelope on occasion...  :D

• gksyn said thank you

#7 gksyn OFFLINE  

gksyn
  • Member No: 83585
  • 56 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 08:04 AM

I've got a front blade and rear tiller for mine. The deck is okay but needs work. When I'm back home again I plan to do more work on it. I've had it for many years and now need to show it a little attention. Pictures of the 3 point would be a help. I think I can build one but not sure how it is attached to the frame. 
Thanks..
 I'll take some pictures to start. With the tape measure and go from there.
If you build one and it works, I bet you there could be a market for that lol. Small but there. Lol

#8 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted August 03, 2016 - 08:40 AM

any pics yet ?

#9 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 03, 2016 - 09:06 AM

Blacktruck, you do know that the LGT18H is a Gilson built tractor and not a Jacobsen built like the older Fords were? Just thought I'd ask. Can you post some photos of your Gt when you get time? Thanks and good luck..

#10 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted August 03, 2016 - 09:21 AM

I have a Gilson type (LawnBoy) GT18H with a 3pt. The motor started leaking at the crank seal last year so I parked it and haven't messed with it since.

I might be willing to part with it if you are interested.