• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 jhn9840 ONLINE  

jhn9840

• Member No: 10
  • 127 Thanks
  • 186 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 12:22 PM

I forgot all about those things. I think every guy in town had one. Good memories there.

jhn9840
John

#17 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,476 Thanks
  • 3,371 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 03:05 PM

If you don't reinforce those forks just behind the wheel, the wheel will come loose and roll away, I know this because... :D

#18 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 04:16 PM

I do believe that 29 Chev has got this one pegged :thumbs: We look back and say "WHAT????" That was what we had to have to be "in"

Yep, I was the guy in the neighborhood that everybody brought their bike to to get made "COOL" I had access to family garage/shop and even a welding set-up, man we could do it all, fork extensions, wheelie bars with skate board wheels, sissy bars taller than we were, (well ya I guess the painting was kinda crude...) I had "customers" from a couple miles away (course back then kids were outside all day somewhere and nobody worried) I do remember one father that went off the deep end over the "custom" work performed on his son's 2 month old Schwinn, oh ya that was a blistering I can just about still feel...and John(his son) and I had to buy the new parts from Schwinn with money we earned at "strenuous labor" labor (cutting his grass and raking leaves that fall for NO PAY!!!) His dad had finally let off some when the snow needed shoveled we starting getting 50 cents to split. Spring was a new year and all was well again, man the lessons we learned as kids.

A passing thought, how long will it take before today's kids with green/purple hair and piercings and such look back and say WHAT????

• EricR, Bmerf and 29 Chev have said thanks