6 replies to this topic

#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,459 Thanks
  • 6,346 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 04:29 PM

Have 7016 H. Have belt numbers for deck. No sizes listed. I wish to shop non-dealer and see if avail.
Drive #1650502
Deck #1656960
Where to get size then? Chart somewhere? Experience?

#2 chieffan OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,756 Thanks
  • 4,263 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 04:43 PM

If you have the old belts you can measure around the outside of them to get the length.  If you don't have the old ones, take a belt that is longer than what you need, mark the belt and starting place on one pulley, run the belt  around the pulleys and back to the starting point.  Mark the belt at the starting mark.  Measure from mark to mark and should get you real close to what you need.  Might have to get a helper for doing the deck.  Good luck.

#3 bhts OFFLINE  

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,412 Thanks
  • 2,113 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 04:52 PM

I have the aftermarket usa made belt one runs $17.62 and the other one is $23.89 the higher cost one is not in stock but if you get ahold of me before noon tomorrow I can add it to my order. it would be here the next day.

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,446 Thanks
  • 17,086 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 04:53 PM

According to my dealer interchange one top is 46'' The other is 84''

Of course I always recommend supporting dealers and buying nice USA made kevlars from me :D :poke: 

#5 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,051 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 09:50 AM

Google is your friend.  Simplicity sizes are always given if you google the part number and the name 'simplicity' together.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

#6 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 67204
  • 279 Thanks
  • 280 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 04:44 PM

There is a belt and blade reference book in the Simplicity/Allis manuals section on this site.

#7 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,459 Thanks
  • 6,346 posts

Posted July 18, 2016 - 06:40 PM

Well, went with 82" for deck, seemed to be common on many models. Fixed the bushing in the idler arm to move again, man what a hard press to get that thing out. Plenty of grease on it again and bolted in and moved freely, yippee!  Belt fit great. I went with the 74" one I saw on one list and it also fit like it belonged on the drive belt off the pto.  SO, when ready to try, rolled the thing outside. Ran engine a bit, then slowly put in pto clutch, and not much moved! Belt not slipping the clutch in pto not engaging well. Dust and rust spun out of it for sure.  Then tried again, slowly letting it engage, started to move, all real slow, noisy spindles at first, and just stuff waking up and de-rust holding. Finally started to gain speed, kept going till seemed right. Reved up engine and it went faster and was cruising. Then tried the on/off pto lever and would catch right away and go fast right away and was happy.  Time to try it out. Well, my grass was recently mowed and tried to go in the longer spots, but wasn't seeing much. These blades are old and rusty, didn't fix those and really need new or at least sharpening.  I tried adjusters, but all rusted up.  a little PB Blaster and pipe for lever got them to turn and adjust, oiled all the links to it. Still not much going on even with full bolt travel. SO, loosed up some nuts on links and pivots and some is moving now, but not all nuts were lock nuts, was afraid they would fall off. So tightened them up again for now. Think with fresh lock nuts, might work leaving loose some. PO must have liked to weld all the items that came loose, or at least all the bolts into the holes on said items.  Brackets welded on, bolts welded in, big washers on others holding all this together.  So, ran around yard more and mower seems to be working, but not sure how good of cut, tractor drives OK.  Engine still noisy with valve clatter off and on at times. Think head needs pulled and valves seated better to make clearance less and so-on.  I'm not going to do, the owner can decide what he wants.  OR, just run it with some oil additive to thicken maybe??

I used Gates Green belts and were about half price of the orig.  They also had same in black, would have only been about $25 for both, but didn't wish to try those for equipment like this.

• KennyP said thank you