18 replies to this topic

#16 harryt OFFLINE  

harryt
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 83871
  • 65 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 12:36 PM

WOW!!!  Yeah, that REALLY sucks for you guys then...  :(   So on only like a $100 item, you have to pay $20 in VAT taxes?  Thieves...

It's ridiculous, I have imported a lot of D200 parts and it mounts up to a lot of money.
  • MailmAn and heliosuk have said thanks

#17 BolensChrisUK OFFLINE  

BolensChrisUK
  • Member No: 77828
  • 287 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted July 14, 2016 - 03:58 PM

Well I had a big box from Rick & never had to pay anything extra :D

When I had a huge order from Sams Bolens years ago I had an heart attack bill a few weeks later :shoot2:

• Bolens800uk said thank you

#18 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,165 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted July 14, 2016 - 04:08 PM

Well I had a big box from Rick & never had to pay anything extra :D

When I had a huge order from Sams Bolens years ago I had an heart attack bill a few weeks later :shoot2:

Chris,

First couple of orders from the States I didn't have to pay anything but once HMRC see your name and address three times then you are on thier records.....

#19 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted July 16, 2016 - 04:59 PM

Welcome to the site Harry. A couple of years ago I was looking for a new riding mower and my wife spotted a Bolens 1054 in the online classifides . I picked it up for a very good price from the original owner.  I didn't really realize what I had bought until I started researching it and found this site. Now I have two of them (one is a work in progress, but runs and drives), a model 600 which is a future project, two garden carts, two tillers, a sleeve hitch, a 10" Brinly plough, a Brinly cultivator and a home built sleeve hitch dump rake. I had both 1054's out today, so I took a couple of pictures of them to show you what yours should look like, as well as what it should not look like. The one on the left is nearly all original. The one on the right has been re-powered with an 8hp Honda (but I got the original Wisconsin with it). It is wearing the hood off of a Bolens 600(but I got the original 1054 hood with it AND the model 600 tractor in the deal).  It had a stripped cluster gear in the transmission when I got it and no rear fenders. I found a G series parts machine with a good transmission and picked up a fender pan from the same guy (possibly off the same G series machine, but it was in a separate pile of parts, so it's hard to say). My next step will be getting the TRA-10D Wisconsin running again and put it and the hood back where they belong. Then I will start on the 600...

Attached Thumbnails

• 002.jpg
  • 003.jpg

• LPBolens said thank you