#1 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 11:08 PM

Well, the time has come, I'm needing cash to get my small scale farming set up and I have decided the old VW bus is going :(.

I would love to get it up and running, but I know I wont have the time or money for this project and the cash would be really nice right now. I have had several people interested, one guy came out and loved it, he said he would definitely call this weekend and here it is almost Tuesday and I haven't heard anything from him. I have advertised the old thing from KS to California so hopefully someone will buy it soon. 

It is a 1979, one owner (I have the original tittle that says it has 12 miles on it), the bus odometer reads 30,000 (who knows if it has flipped once, twice or maybe non at all) it has the 2000cc engine that turns over with 135+psi on each cylinder, it fires with starting fluid and it needs the injectors cleaned (it's fuel injected).

I am hoping to buy a old Farmall M that is on craigslist for a good price, it has been restored with all new tires, rebuilt engine, new clutch, live hydraulics and 3-pt. I just need to get this bus gone first

:ah_shoot: :oh_shucks:

Attached Thumbnails

• MAZDA AND BUS FOR SALE 015.jpg
  • MAZDA AND BUS FOR SALE 014.jpg
  • Tractor & VW BUS 013.JPG
  • Tractor & VW BUS 009.JPG

• Texas Deere and Horse, Sawdust, toomanytoys84 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 05:40 AM

Check with "American Pickers".  They have bought a couple of those VW's.  Might be interested.

• BTS said thank you

#3 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 08:25 AM

Maybe search the web for VW forums. This is one of those items that's in a class by its self aimed at collectors or VW fans. Good luck.
  • BTS said thank you

#4 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Member No: 78762
  • 502 Thanks
  • 409 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 09:03 AM

Wish I could buy it. I've been looking at Vans recently as I want something bigger than my Camry. 

• BTS said thank you

#5 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 11:48 AM

I am also selling my 72 VW bus, it is hard, everyone has a story and says they want it but never show up with the cash. The best way to get the most money out of these is at VW shows, people that have a passion for them are always looking to buy at the shows.
  • BTS and Sawdust have said thanks

#6 Billy M ONLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 349 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 12:50 PM

That's a nice looking van you have there.  I used to have a '71 that was butterscotch with a white top.  Engine was sitting behind the side sliding door when I got it.  I went through it and installed the engine where it supposed to go.  Drove it for a while.  Fun van to drive. 

I agree that some air-cooled VW forums would be a good place to advertise.  The Samba is a good site I've lurked on before.  A lot of good info there.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/

• BTS and Sawdust have said thanks

#7 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 03:47 PM

I am also selling my 72 VW bus, it is hard, everyone has a story and says they want it but never show up with the cash. The best way to get the most money out of these is at VW shows, people that have a passion for them are always looking to buy at the shows.

That's true when you are selling anything....!

• BTS said thank you

#8 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for everyone's info, It is already advertised on the samba, I will look around for some more VW forums, these old buses sure are getting expensive but also everyone seems to really want to campers instead of the passenger. I'm sure it will sell sooner or later, I would just rather it would sell sooner so I could pick up my M

Attached Thumbnails

• Farmall M.PNG
  • Farmall M 2.PNG
  • Farmall M 3.PNG

• Sawdust said thank you

#9 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for everyone's info, It is already advertised on the samba, I will look around for some more VW forums, these old buses sure are getting expensive but also everyone seems to really want to campers instead of the passenger. I'm sure it will sell sooner or later, I would just rather it would sell sooner so I could pick up my M

I think this would be more useful....very nice. Good luck
  • BTS said thank you

#10 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 08:33 PM

I think they are cool and wouldn't mind having one of them one day.  Right now I ain't got the money for one but I do think they are cool.  Good luck selling it.

• BTS said thank you