• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnnytuinals OFFLINE  

johnnytuinals
  • Member No: 83859
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 11:51 AM

Have had my Sabre since 2002 and have not had any real problems(Cost $1799 at the time}

Have 190 hours on the clock and body on it still looks almost new

Did a oil and air filter change last season.

Used it a few times this season and it runs well.(but will need to change battery since charging is annoying every time I use the tractor}

Anyways the tractor started without a problem with a charge today but once I engaged

the handle to start cutting the tractor started to sputter abits so I turned the handle off and let it run for like 15 mins and tried it again and the same thing but this time the tractor died.

Seems that now when trying to turn the engine on that it stutters and makes a PUT PUT sound.

Goning to have a local repair place look at it tomorrow and thought if they say its major work then maybe I will just buy a New tractor since this ones is 14 years old but still not many hours on it.....

Any ideas what the problem can be ...Thanks JT

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 01:38 PM

Welcome to the forum. I think I would change the battery first and then check the voltage at the battery while running. you should see 13-14v there if the charging system is working. The electric PTO clutch could be putting too much strain on the system.

• Titus and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 02:11 PM

Buy a battery.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,748 Thanks
  • 7,519 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 03:30 PM

Welcome to GTT. I've had the same problem with a JD111. It is the battery. Change your oil atleast every year or twice a year would be better. Add Marvel Mystery Oil to your gas to lubricate the upper cylinder of the engine and prevent corrosion of the fuel system. Good Luck, Rick