Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month June 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of June! (89 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of June!

1. John Deere 265 (5 votes [5.62%])

Percentage of vote: 5.62%

2. Bolens 1886 (4 votes [4.49%])

Percentage of vote: 4.49%

3. Elec-Trak E20 (5 votes [5.62%])

4. Bolens 1250 (5 votes [5.62%])

5. David Bradley Tri-Trac (20 votes [22.47%])

Percentage of vote: 22.47%

6. Ransome T3100 (1 votes [1.12%])

Percentage of vote: 1.12%

7. Toro Groundmaster (5 votes [5.62%])

8. Cub Cadet 108 (9 votes [10.11%])

Percentage of vote: 10.11%

9. Massey MF14 (35 votes [39.33%])

Percentage of vote: 39.33%

Vote

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:02 AM

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of June 2011 has now officially started and will end the last day of May.

The winner will be featured on the front page for the entire month of June starting on the 1st of the month and will be in our featured tractors section for infinity :D

We will start new nominations at the same time as well so keep an eye out on this forum to know when to submit a nomination or vote. Our theme this month was gardening so the tractors had to be pictured with some sort of gardening gear.

Here is a list of the nominees in no special order:

• John Deere 265 - matts
  • Bolens 1886 - wilberj
  • Elec-Trak E20 - wvbuzzmaster
  • Bolens 1250 - bread230i
  • David Bradley Tri-Trac - Alc
  • Ransome T3100 - DH1
  • Toro Groundmaster - jdcrawler
  • Cub Cadet 108 - KennyP
  • Massey MF14 - IamSherwood

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below. :D

Please remember that the winning tractor cannot be nominated again for a full year. Thanks and good luck!

#2 matts OFFLINE  

matts

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2175
  • 48 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:45 PM

I would like to add my John Deer 265.

I had purchased a 2011 model John Deere tractor from a big box store. It felt cheap. So I sold it off. I decided I would wait for a better machine. I found the 285 on Craigs List within minutes of selling mine. It was a running machine when I bought it, so there wasnt alot of things to do to it. I brought her home and started tinkering. She did come with a 30 inch mechanical tiller which sweetened the deal alot for me.

Since I got her, she has had all the fluids and filters changed. Also the plugs were replaced. I rebuilt the deck out of boredom. At that time it got all new belts ( including for the tiller), bearings, blades, guage wheels, and new idler pulleys. I also put a full set of new tires on her, and purchased a set of ags for when the tiller goes on. The machine has at this point 1746 hours on it. It was made in 1989. The tractor and tiller were both originaly sold within 5 miles of my home. She has performed perfectly for me since day one. I hope to get many years of use from it. There is a paint job in her future, but for now Im ok with her looks. As they say its not the years its the miles![ATTACH=CONFIG]14188[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14187[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14189[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0334.jpg
  • DSCN0336.jpg
  • DSCN0333.jpg

#3 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,212 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 10:37 PM

I nominate old blue the Bolens that’s started my Bolens collection. In 1971 my uncle’s father in law purchased this 1886-01 at J.R. sales in Owosso, Mi with a 54” deck, tiller, blade, 3 point, and disk. She was given to my uncle years later and he used it all year long till he finally made a deal with my father after the engine had blow up to give it to him to fix and use. My dad was the guy who kept it running all the years my uncle had it.

Dad put a new 20HP short block kohler in place of the original 18HP engine that blown up, it was also repainted blue when dad was replacing the engine. Since then we have used it for just about any thing from tilling to being the weekly mower at the house it was also the first bolens I learned to use. She was why I got my first 1886 and start my own Bolens collection that has turned into over 40 Bolens with 11 of them being 1886’s. Some day she will get passed down to me and hopefully will last the rest of my lifetime and more.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14207[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]14206[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• bolens 004.jpg
  • l 005.jpg

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:22 PM

I am going to enter my 1973 Elec Trak E20 this month, using pictures taken by the one and only Nutndun, thanks. :D lol

I just bought my 1973 Elec Trak E20 on April 30th at the Cochranton Plow Day. Had a great time meeting the other members from GTTalk that were there, including the seller of my E20, Fred (Sparky). Fred really did a great job on getting the E20 ready for me, including a new old stock lift motor, a new solenoid, and rebuilding the foot control. Even made sure it was working close to stock for me. I haven't had it long but already know a little about it, and mabey Fred will chime in and add to what I say.

If I remember right Fred told me that the manufacture date of this E20 was near the end of the GE era of the Elec Traks, which was October 1973. This also means it has the most modern switching and solenoiding apparatus that GE used on the Elec Traks. I know little about it myself, but my plans are simple, keep it stock and repaint it later this year, and add 23x10.5-12 Tru Powers and 4.00-8 Tri Ribs to it for cool factor. Now onto the pics taken by Nutndun. :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14280[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14281[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• E20-1.jpg
  • E20-2.jpg

#5 michelle OFFLINE  

michelle

Tractorholic by Marriage

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1655
  • 331 Thanks
  • 303 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 01:51 PM

This Bolens 1250 was one of Adam's first "big" Bolens. He purchased it from Dale, a guy he has learned quite a bit from since he got into this hobby.
Posted Image

Adam was determined to get it running and working because of the more sentimental value it had since he purchased it from Dale. As of now, it's our main "grass cutting tractor" until the HT-20 is ready to go.

The details: It's a 1967 Bolens 1250 with a 12 hp Wisconsin engine. Below it sits a 48" mowing deck.

At one point it will be nice to do a full-restore on this tractor like we did on the 1050, but for now it is nice to use it - even if Adam insists on leaving that stack on it!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN2945.jpg
  • DSCN2950.jpg

#6 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,624 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 08:05 PM

I would like to nominate my 1957 David Bradley Tri-Trac.
My grandfather bought it from the original owner around 1960 , it came with a single bottom plow , disc harrow , 2 row planter , two row cultivator , middle buster and sickle bar mower . My uncle used it to plant sweet corn in the early sixties for spending money. It was also used to cut fields. Later it was just used to plow my grandfather’s garden. When my grandfather passed away I asked my grandmother if she would sell it to me but just gave it to me . That was in 1994 , I only used it a few times , driving it around the yard and one tractor show then it sat and only ran once until this past year . The gas tank and carb. needed cleaning to get running. Today was the only time I have used it for work , cutting the small section of winter wheat that was used as a cover crop where the sweet potatoes where planted . It’s all original including the tires. About the tractor: They where built by David Bradley and sold through Sears between 1954-1957 (have seen 1953 listed so I’m not really sure which is the correct starting date ) It has a 6hp Wisconsin engine with a variable speed pulley system a forward and reverse transmission on the single 7.50x16 rear wheel . The front axle is adjustable between 48”to 72”tread width in 4” increments on 4:00x12 tires. There are some interesting things about these tractors when the steering wheel is turned it articulates some to help turn and there is a draft adjusting crank located at the steering box that’s used to compensate when working on hillsides , adjusting furrow width and mower swath. It has a hand clutch & throttle and a footbrake. V belt for rear attachments. The middle buster , planter ,cultivator ,are mounted to the front axle ( also available was a bulldozer , V snow plow , and three gang mower which also attached to the front axle) .If you look close between the 2 picture you can see the draft crank turned.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14355[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14356[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14352[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14354[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14358[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14359[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• P1080023.jpg
  • P1080021.jpg
  • P1080025.jpg
  • P1080018.jpg
  • P1080024.jpg
  • P1080026.jpg
  • P1080027.jpg
  • P1080020.jpg

#7 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 08:43 PM

Well since not many nominations so far and to try to encourage other people to nominate there tractors I'd thought I'd nominate my Randsomes T3100 Bobcat 3 wheeler grass cutter.

First time I saw this was back when I worked at the landscapers, it had a brand new engine on it and wasn't really being used very much as they got there first zero turn rider, the owner sold it to his brother in law and when it was delivered the hyd transaxle failed. It was removed and rebuilt, the bil used it to cut a 1 acre lot for 3 yrs and then I bought it off of him for what he paid for it $1500.
I have had this thing for 7, 8 yrs now and it takes me 6hrs to cut all my grass once a week. 18hp B&S opposed vert shaft twin, 60" 3 blade cutting deck, it moves about 5mph and could use more power, cutting heavy grass while going uphill really loads up the motor. I run synthetic oil and it doesn't burn any, can go the whole season without adding any oil. Aside from electrical problems many bad connections, blades and a set of tires it has been a reliable work horse, my main grass cutter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14519[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14520[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14521[/ATTACH]

If you zoom in on the last pic you can see it on top if the hill.

Attached Thumbnails

• T3100 002.jpg
  • T3100 004.jpg
  • T3100 001.jpg

#8 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 07:48 AM

With this month featuring mowers, you have inspired me to enter my "Beast" because mowing is all it is designed to do.

This is a 1975 Toro Groundsmaster.

Posted Image

The front mounted mowing deck is 88 inch wide and has 5-blades .
It is a mulching deck so it doesn't throw grass clippings all over.

Posted Image

The deck has a wing on each side that can be raised and lowered by a hydraulic cylinder.
You can mow with just one side or the other raised up ...

Posted Image

Or you can mow with both sides raised up for getting thru tighter places.
The blade on the wing does not rotate when in the up position.

Posted Image

The whole deck can also be raised up.

Posted Image

This has a hydrostatic transmission and is driven by the front wheels.
The steering wheels are on the back and they are able to turn very sharply.

Posted Image

This steering allows the tractor to rotate around itself much like a zero turn mower ( note the position of the caster wheels as the tractor turns ).

Posted Image

The engine is a water cooled, 3-cylinder diesel.

Posted Image

#9 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 01:32 PM

I would like to nominate my 1972 Cub Cadet 108. I am the third owner of this tractor and have had it since 1993. The fellow I got if from never got to start it. He lived next door to me and as soon as I saw it there, I had to have it. The paint is all original, except the hood and wheels. A clutch had been installed just before the other fellow bought it. I am not positive, but I believe the right front tire is original. I changed out the rears to 23X10.50's as the others were splitting at the sidewalls.
.[ATTACH=CONFIG]14607[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14609[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14608[/ATTACH]
Since I only have the 48" mower for it, it's main duties are mowing and pulling a trailer. At some point, I would like to have a CC 3-point hitch for it so I can use some of my other implement with it.
The K 241 (10 HP) has been faithful, I have only had to put a new governor gear in it. It uses a small amount of oil, but that is to be expected from a tractor that turns 39 this November.
The black on the hood is Rustoleum Rust Reformer. I hope this summer to get it repainted, and maybe some new decals.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image001 (Small).jpg
  • Image002 (Small).jpg
  • Image003 (Small).jpg

#10 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 07:25 PM

My entry is my 1972 MF14. I got it in Oct 2009. Last summer I gave it
a resto. I also redid the deck and snowblower for it. The 14hp Kohler in it
runs good and strong, and starts even in the cold of winter. I also adapted
a Haban 416A Sickle Mower to it. That attachment still amazes me. It
works great, and if you take your time and don't get too rammy, it'll
chew down inch and a half dia. sapplings. The 3pt hitch is off a MF1450,
which is the newer version of this machine. I had to build a standoff to make
it fit.

The rubber on it is, 26x12x12 Tru Powers, and Vredstien V61's on the front.
It is, used to knock down the sides of the laneway, and a bit of snowblowing.
At first it was a bit intimidating having that Sickle Mower chewing away, right
beside you, but I got numb to that, and look forward to taking it out to do it's job.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010103.jpg
  • P1010021.jpg
  • side1.jpg

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 11:30 AM

Let the voting begin :D

#12 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 12:20 PM

Don't you mean the "let the campaigning begin" lol.

#13 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 12:57 PM

Don't you mean the "let the campaigning begin" lol.

Ya, I forgot you guys turned it in to political elections LOL.

#14 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 01:00 PM

Ya, I forgot you guys turned it in to political elections LOL.

We don't like hearing about the country's problems, so we resort to solving each others problems lol.

#15 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 01:07 PM

Well, if you're really into solving someone's problems....send me CASH! :bigrofl: