• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 06:28 PM

I have come across a very nice, solid looking 44" deck for a Cub cadet that I could really use, for a fantastic price.

but I need to make sure that it will fit either my machines or my buddy's 2 machines (of which I get stuck fixing, any time they may need anything)  before I commit to it and send the guy the $$ to hold it til I can get over there to get it.

It has a round black sticker that says "44" cut" on it on the side opposite the chute.

It doesnt say anything like "44a" or 44c" etc on it.

Here are the numbers from the ID plate;

model 195392100

ser  0351039U226755

The main thing I see different from a 44A deck, is that this one has 4 gauge wheels.(that won't affect fitment)  It does seem to have the same style front deck hangers on the front as the tractors I am working on, do. It is white also as opposed to yellow so I think that puts it older than MTD/CCC/

I am hoping it will work on either a quietline or a 129 wide frame.

can anyone here help to ID fitment?

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,136 Thanks
  • 4,487 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 06:45 PM

I have a 42", 44" and two 50" decks and they area ll white.  all are for the MTD Cub era.  All have the quick attach set up.  The 42" is under an LT 1018.  The rest are on the larger GT's, 1810, 1811 and 1512 model Cubs.  1810 was a parts doner tractor.

#3 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 06:59 PM

I thought that they started painting all the decks yellow when MTD took over... anyway I have looked at parts tree and others and no part of either the model or serial number makes sense compared to their listings.....

all 4 tractors that this deck is being considered for are either "wide frame" or "quiet line" 1970s models... a 129, a 1250, and either of 2, 1200's.

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,136 Thanks
  • 4,487 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 07:32 PM

My LT1018 is a 2004 If I remember right.  The other GT type are in the later 1980's.  The 42" will not fit under the GT's and vise versa.  Not sure when they started with the Quick Attach line.  Those decks were identified by the QA at the start of the model number.  Do you have the tractor hanger or mounting hardware on the tractors?

• dodge trucker said thank you

#5 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 493 Thanks
  • 315 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 09:04 PM

The middle 3 numbers of the model you listed come up as fitting a lawn tractor from the mid 80's and won't hook up to any of the tractors you listed.  I think the first three numbers of the model are supposed to be 190 not 195.  If you put 190-392 into the model search on the cub cadet website it comes up as a 44" deck.  It doesn't say what tractors it fits but the parts book I have at work says it fits the 1405, 1415, 1420, 1430, 1715, 1720, and 1730 which are all vertical shaft lawn tractors.  In the past at work I have modified a couple of these decks to fit on the garden tractors as the shell is the same and even has the mounting holes in the back for the hangers but doesnt have the double pulley on the middle spindle or the plate for the front hangers.   Hope this helps,        Stewart

#6 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 09:25 PM

thi is a 44" deck not a 42.   I thought that IH made a 42" for the (much) older tractors like around the time when the wide frames 1st came out.  the kind of triangular shaped ones, squarish corners where the edges meet the top surface. 

The deck I am asking about looks like the 50A that I have hare on my sawhorses that I am fixing for somebody else; except that this one I am wanting to buy has 4 gauge wheels instead of 2. The ID plate has the "old" pre CCC cub cadet style logo on it, and says in small print "International Harvester Chicago IL" on it under the model and serial numbers...

I was hoping someone could ID it by the numbers... I have been all over Google and coming up empty...

I have signed up for a IH/CC specific site and even though I registered and it let me log in it wont yet let me post... something about moderator approval..... 

On one of the cub cadet parts places they show one that looks just like this one "used" and for sale for much more than I am getting this one for (if it fits a 129 or a 1200/1250 quietline)

#7 aagitch OFFLINE  

aagitch
  • Member No: 81045
  • 105 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 06:26 PM

Can you post a pic of the deck.  If the front deck hangers are what I think you're talking about, it would be for the older lawn tractors from 80's I believe. 

Edited by aagitch, July 12, 2016 - 06:28 PM.

• BNK said thank you

#8 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 06:26 PM

yeah I have the hangers for the tractors. The pix that the seller posted on CL looked pretty clear to me, that I posted up/ being that the shell is the same that's what I saw. I have a couple of rusty and beat up decks, I think both are 44a's.  one on a 1200 as we speak and the other on a "parts" 1650. If all it takes is to weld the font hanger off of one of these garbage decks that I have onto it and to swap to a double pulley, that's easy enough. This deck I am asking about is in "that" good of shape and is available cheap, the gas to get there will cost as much (even at just over $2 a gallon) as to buy it.... it's available "that" cheaply....

thanks for the info, debating if I will go get it or not.

#9 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 443 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 07:01 PM

I have converted a few of these later model decks to run on a Quietline IH built tractor but if I recall correctly I had to use the mule drive correct for the QL and use the larger pulleys from the wide/spread frame MTD or CCC mule drive. The electric PTO pulley seemed to be no issue with the wider belt. But your issue for the early wide frames 1X8/9 86 thru 169 the mechanical PTO pulley width, there will be your issue. Not wide enough. The deck hanger/lift you may need to do some adjusting and moving the rear mount hangers if using the CCC later model frame hanger. At the time I had a butt load of parts to include various sized belts, it took some time but I made it work. Remember there is a difference (should be) in the size of pulleys with the early/late Louisville IH built tractors compare to the Brownsville plant CCC built tractors. And when they (Brownsville) went to the GT series (Cyclops) the decks, mule drive/hanger, pulley and belts is another bigger animal...last of the spread frames.

I always did like the four castor one center roller on the newer style 44A decks. 

#10 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted July 16, 2016 - 08:05 PM

ok from what I can find out, this is from some kind of LT, but the shell is the same as a 44c which they did use on the quiet lines.

I have (2) 44a's here that are beyond "shot" (patch on top of patch by past owners)  I guess  from what I have read, I can use the hangers from a 44"c" but nobody has said whether the hangers off of an "a" deck would work (Yes I have a torch and a mig)

about the double pulley/ can I just unbolt that from one of my bad "a" decks and put that onto either this or a "c" deck?

I have had people tell me to "forget it" "it's just a deck" "I can find them cheap around here" (whereever that is)
"HERE" where I am, I can't find even a decent deck for less than $350.  I can get this one for $50,

the only deal I can find semi locally on a bare shell is over $150.    so if this deck is usable for a 129 or a quiet line, even with a little bit of mods, I'm "in"  I'd like to get "some" benefit from these bad decks, and "parts donor" to a better shell would be perfect...