• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 770 Thanks
  • 510 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 05:56 PM

Well I took me an 80 mile (160 mile round) trip to get it but I got another Sears 1969 ss12. I am robbing the engine off it for my 68 hydro, putting the wheel weights and rims on my 68 manual, keeping the transmission as a spare, and using the rest as parts. The guy was a lil upset that this was the end of his project (should have finished it then hahah)  and that I was going to be tearing it down to use on my projects but glad to see someone wanted this old thing all in the same breath. 

I know the rules no road trip with out photos so I came prepared and thought of you guys.

20160710_182105.jpg

20160710_182118.jpg

20160710_182214.jpg

Oh lovely my wife says another tub of parts .....I have to say ...I love all the free tubs...haha

20160710_182040.jpg

This is an alternator of some sort PO took it a part to see what was wrong with it found the engine locked up so I got this thing to.

20160710_182026.jpg

Scored me an engine for my tiller needs a carb. 

20160710_181958.jpg

20160710_182459.jpg

Got this for extra parts, never know when I will bend mine....not very likely but this rusty junk came home with me to.

And to top the day off even pulling a trailer with my old volvo I was not the slowest thing on the road. 

Notice that we I am doing 27 mph on the gps and keeping a distance back he was swerving, had no brake lights, and was the slowest thing ever going up a hill , tow vehicle was an older toyoto pick up.

20160710_160546.jpg

• Alc, IamSherwood, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,280 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 06:21 PM

Wow, looks pretty nice
Sometimes you gotta get the parts where you can, even if you don't want to.
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 07:17 PM

Wait just this Minute!!!  I agree with the PO, finish it up nice and have real nice tractor.  That thing looks much nicer than most anything I bring home and I fix all those junkers over time. This one is TOOOOOO nice to be parting out for other things.   If you were closer, I'ld have to come over and steal it away to save it, shame on you!  :shoot2: :(

• propane1 said thank you

#4 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 770 Thanks
  • 510 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 07:49 PM

Wait just this Minute!!!  I agree with the PO, finish it up nice and have real nice tractor.  That thing looks much nicer than most anything I bring home and I fix all those junkers over time. This one is TOOOOOO nice to be parting out for other things.   If you were closer, I'ld have to come over and steal it away to save it, shame on you!  :shoot2: :(

He almost convinced of that while I was there , matter of fact I left saying I may finish it....But NO I have to gain control here at some point and parts are what I been looking for I been needing I been starving for. This seemed to be the best way to get wheel weights for my plow, and engine for my hydro mower , and some shiny hubyzee wubzee's  all in one trip. This one has a leaky gas tank and typical carb issues but runs so it gets me one step closer to getting what I need for the 68 hydro I got ahile back (my wifes ride) and some spare parts for mine 

20160113_141525 (1).jpg

You can see where the wheels and weights will be going.

I am serious that I have an itch to finish up and save some nice sears equipment , unfortunately some sears maybe harmed in the process, but I may also be able to assist someone else with things they may need so it can be more then just one sears we are saving. I still need more stuff anyway and my wife already caught me looking. 

How do you explain yes I am happy with it but its still not enough..so I showed her my list ....guys thats a don't ...do not do that EVER....she now is pricing things out in her head I am sure....but as she asked what will that cost all i could say is I don't know I haven't found it yet...aaaah the joys of collecting.

Edited by John Arsenault, July 10, 2016 - 08:56 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#5 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 08:59 PM

I agree way too nice to part out. Many donors out there that are too bad to save should be used. Either way you go congrats on some nice stuff. I have a SS15 & I love it.

#6 Buck Tales OFFLINE  

Buck Tales
  • Member No: 73140
  • 150 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 01:03 AM

From 1 sears nut to another, good find!!! I hate to see one go down but I have plenty of parts that I needed from somebody else parting out tractors. I had to put my brakes on also as each time I went to get another attachment I wanted it came with another tractor. :D  LOL!!! Now I've out grown the tractor barn I built for the tractors. :loosing_it: 

• Sawdust said thank you

#7 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 770 Thanks
  • 510 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 06:37 AM

I agree way too nice to part out. Many donors out there that are too bad to save should be used. Either way you go congrats on some nice stuff. I have a SS15 & I love it.

Problem with most of the"donors" is that most have had a triple heart bypass and kidneys of an alcoholic. By the time you dig in side you still need more parts.

Here is a craigs list search for sears suburbans in my area...the only one close to be is the blue one with the repower for 850.00  Trust me when I say I search everyday 

#8 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 08:09 AM

Problem with most of the"donors" is that most have had a triple heart bypass and kidneys of an alcoholic. By the time you dig in side you still need more parts.

Here is a craigs list search for sears suburbans in my area...the only one close to be is the blue one with the repower for 850.00 Trust me when I say I search everyday

I understand John.
. I'm sure your going to do the best you can do to get what you need & make good use of the other parts left. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,439 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 09:05 AM

Glad you found a good parts machine. I think I have several of those type (parts) tractors sitting around here.