Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,624 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 06:18 AM

Many of us also play with - or use antique farm tractors with our garden tractors.

Yesterday I attended an auction in southwest Iowa.  Thought pictures of some items would interest members here.  Seller has serious health issues and decided it was time to downsize.  125 miles to sale so I rode with a friend.  BIG MISTAKE as I shouldda had my truck/trailer.  There were deals to be had.  The market for common stuff is pretty flat still.  Rare stuff usually brings a premium.

Only 3 garden tractors,  2 Crud Cadet 102's with decks and an Original with plow.  Original brought $350.

Carson-DIagonal 1.jpg

High crop "AV" no serial tag.  Not currently running.  $2800

Carson-DIagonal 2.jpg

Lowboy  $1800

Carson-Diagonal 3.jpg

Demonstrator Cub  $4600

Carson-Diagonal 4.jpg

This Cub hadn't run in a few years but the seller said it would run with tune-up and battery.  I bid it to $925 and it sold for $950.  The one flat tire had been replaced with a brand new tire for the sale.

Carson-Diagonal 5.jpg

I-H dozer with Bucyrus-Erie blade.  $2000 +/-

Carson-Diagonal 6.jpg

10-20 McCormick Deering.  Not currently running although it should run. Ran 3 years ago when put in shed.  I bid $950 and it sold for $1000.  I'd call it dirt cheap.  ???

Carson-Diagonal 7.jpg

1938 Allis Chalmers B.  First year serial number 255.  This was the buy of the sale at $600.  My friend Ron started the bidding at $600 and that was the only bid.  Hand crank only must not appeal to most.  I cranked it right up and Ron drove it on his trailer.

Carson-Diagonal 8.jpg

Model T.  Was originally a car and converted to pickup many decades ago.  Nicer than picture indicates $8500

Carson-Diagonal 9.jpg

1952 I-H pickup.  29,900 actual miles.  Had been repainted but otherwise original.  Not flawless but darn nice.   $15,000 via phone bid.  Going to Indiana. 

Carson-Diagonal 10.jpg

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, DougT and 14 others have said thanks

#2 Mtypython ONLINE  

Mtypython
  • Member No: 80530
  • 259 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 07:34 AM

Prices werent that bad at all
  • Gtractor said thank you

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 11:18 AM

Every price was in line, but the McCormick, the Cub, and the Allis sold pretty cheap in my opinion. The market is strange and unreliable right now for sure. If you dont have a rare you can end up having to give it away when you dont want it yourself.
  • Gtractor said thank you