Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Honda 5013

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ndjd316 OFFLINE  

ndjd316

• Member No: 3320
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 08:22 AM

Hey guy,s, I have a Honda 5013. It is 4x4, four wheel steer, 48" cutting deck, snow plow, 1 row chisel plow and 2 row disk. This tractor has rear pto and 3 point hitch, front hyd lift for mower deck and snow blade. My father-in -law bought it in 1991 and I bought it from him in 2003. It still runs great and is a real work horse. If anyone knows were I can find parts other then the Honda dealer, please let me know.

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 5,972 Thanks
  • 13,769 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 10:43 AM

I can't tell ya where to find parts but sounds like a really cool machine. Would love to see some pictures. You don't see the larger Honda garden tractors too often. Most of the time if you do see any Honda tractors it is the little lawn tractors.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 18,843 Thanks
  • 23,845 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 12:52 PM

Cool tractors!

Honda 5013-main.jpg

Here's a link to one guy's 5013 & attachments: http://www.rugwire.c...onda/honda.html

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 01:07 PM

I have a buddy who collects Honda garden tractors,including the diesel powered ones.

#5 ndjd316 OFFLINE  

ndjd316

• Member No: 3320
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 01:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, good to see others like the Honda also. The parts I am looking for are the front CV joint boots. Mine are torn on both front axles. I can find the whole axle for $700 but not just the boots. Any help would be great.

By the way my mower deck is 46" not 48" like I said before. I also took off the roll bar so I can mow my tree rows. I have 6 acers and mow about 4 of it. I have a JD316 for keeping the ditchs cleaned that a neighbor gave me. Had to put in a transmission but it works good.

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 18,843 Thanks
  • 23,845 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 01:29 PM

I'm betting you could likely find some for a Honda 4 wheeler that would fit right on it, that is if there were a helpful ATV dealer willing to help.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 5,972 Thanks
  • 13,769 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 01:32 PM

I don't know what is available for the Hondas as far as parts lists, but if you can get a part number for just the joints then it might be pretty easy to find a source for those parts. If you want used you can try one of the site sponsors like Patton Acres or Bobs Garden Tractors, if they don't have anything they could keep their eyes open for something.

#8 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 18,843 Thanks
  • 23,845 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 02:54 PM

Measure the boots, both where they attach (diameter there) and length as mounted. I will compare to my Honda 450 Foreman. You are right, those boots are NLA by themselves unless you found NOS, and without a part #, that would prove very difficult.

#9 Imrtoy OFFLINE  

Imrtoy

• Member No: 5882
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 12:46 AM

My mom has one of those.

#10 honda5000 OFFLINE  

honda5000

• Member No: 8224
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 04:38 PM

I have a rt5000 and I get parts from boats.net since I live in a rural area. I am looking for a (new or used) carburetor for my rt500 and I have googled the world looking for one. The float body is pressed into carb assembly and my float body is cracked. One can no longer order a new carb assembly for a rt5000.

#11 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 1,846 Thanks
  • 3,139 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 11:07 PM

Welcome honda5000. Nice to have you here.
I'm not sure what the part looks like that you have the crack in but if possible you may try repairing it with JB weld or low temp aluminum welding rod. I've used this welding rod to repair parts that I could not replace.

ndjd316
As Daniel was leaning toward this you might want to try and find something else that uses a CV boot that is similar. Visit some of the ATV dealers and see if there is something out there that you could use in place of the original part. If you could post a photo of the part your looking for someone here might know of something that could be used for your purpose.