10 replies to this topic

#1 Endmill OFFLINE  

Endmill
  • Member No: 83821
  • 8 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 09:40 AM

Hi 

I just picked up a 7016-H. After looking it over it seems that someone in their infinite wisdom mixed oils in the hydro-static transmission. It looks like a mixture of hydraulic and transmission fluid. Whatever it is, the little bit that I have drained into the pan doesn't mix. I have searched the internet for the last three days whit no luck to find out how to flush the whole system out, and use the recommended type "F" transmission fluid. I have what I be leave to be a Sundstrand Series 15 U Pump. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Everyone

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,743 Thanks
  • 7,515 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 10:12 AM

Welcome to GTT. You've come to the right place. Go to our Manuals Section and download the manuals for your tractor. You want the owners manual, the service(or shop) manual and the engine manual. You are allowed 3 free downloads per day. When you have more questions, include pics to clarify. Good Luck, Rick

BTW that is a good tractor.

Edited by boyscout862, July 09, 2016 - 10:12 AM.

• Endmill said thank you

#3 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 11:44 AM

I personally would drain it,then put fresh fluid and filter on it and run it an hour or less,then drain it and put fresh fluid and filter in and run it a few hours. Then drain it and change fluid and filter again and call it good. Just how I would go about it.

• boyscout862, Sawdust and Endmill have said thanks

#4 Endmill OFFLINE  

Endmill
  • 8 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 12:18 PM

Thank you for your response. I found the manuals, there is no explanation that shows the best way to remove (flush) all of the bad oil from the system?  I have found the filler cap and the relief vent cap. Is there a drain plug that I am not seeing?

Thanks Again

Steve

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,743 Thanks
  • 7,515 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 12:22 PM

Thank you for your response. I found the manuals, there is no explanation that shows the best way to remove (flush) all of the bad oil from the system?  I have found the filler cap and the relief vent cap. Is there a drain plug that I am not seeing?

Thanks Again

Steve

Yes, sometimes it is a bolt holding the casings together. The owner(or operators') manual should show it. Good Luck, Rick

• Endmill said thank you

#6 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 11:09 PM

I went out and looked at my 7016 hydro parts tractor. It is a square head plug on the lower right side of the transaxle (as you are behind the tractor looking at the transaxle.

• boyscout862, Sawdust and Endmill have said thanks

#7 Endmill OFFLINE  

Endmill
  • 8 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 10:19 AM

Thanks so very much. I found the plug. I really like your website. You were so very helpful to me. I have 4 running Simplicity tractors. a 3410,  7013s, 7016 and a 7016h. I also have a running 1955 Allis Chalmers model B farm tractor. There really is too much to list. I am a retired machinist (tool maker) with over 40 years. I have been known to be very resourceful. I will keep an eye on your website.

Thanks again

Steve

• boyscout862 said thank you

#8 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 01:20 AM

Valvoline premium tractor fluid is a direct replacement for AC 821 power fluid and Simplicity power fluid the manual calls for. This stuff is also recommended for the BGB instead of the EP 90 many are using. This fluid has the EP element that is not in type F transmission fluid. This is also the best fluid for your geared tractors as well.

Edited by skunkhome, July 11, 2016 - 01:22 AM.

• rustyoldjunk, Sawdust and Endmill have said thanks

#9 Endmill OFFLINE  

Endmill
  • 8 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 07:38 AM

Thanks, I was wondering about recommendations for the type of oil used. I am really pleased with your forum.

Steve

#10 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 07:59 AM

Welcome to GTtalk glad to have you. Glad you got the info you needed. Once you get a chance post some pics of your herd.

#11 Endmill OFFLINE  

Endmill
  • 8 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 07:13 PM

Here is a picture from 2014. From left to right is my Simplicity 7013 Shuttle, Simplicity 7016, 1955 Allis Chalmers "B", my home made wood splitter, Simplicity 3410, and my 1 ton hydraulic hoist for loading logs into the wood splitter. IMG_8251.JPG