• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,115 Thanks
  • 3,206 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 11:02 AM

Amazing, never spun a tire. Loaded yesterday with water. 6 US gallons in the right rear and 7 in the left rear, which is the one that spun the most, because of turning left to do the trimming around trees and bushes. And can back up hills I couldn't before. Plus can get in closer to stuff and be able to back out. I filled the jugs to the top and weighed a few. Most were 9 lb.

Noel
  • Sawdust and CanadianHobbyFarmer have said thanks

#2 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 352 Thanks
  • 328 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 11:18 AM

Amazing, never spun a tire. Loaded yesterday with water. 6 US gallons in the right rear and 7 in the left rear, which is the one that spun the most, because of turning left to do the trimming around trees and bushes. And can back up hills I couldn't before. Plus can get in closer to stuff and be able to back out. I filled the jugs to the top and weighed a few. Most were 9 lb.

Noel

I have heard good things about tire filling with beet juice, glad the water is working for you. Can any one comment on beet juice experience?     Don

• propane1 said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 11:41 AM

I have heard good things about tire filling with beet juice, glad the water is working for you. Can any one comment on beet juice experience?     Don

Search the word Rimgaurd or Rim Gaurd here on the site.
Lots of hits.

People love it until they have to change a tire. The juice goes "sour" after a time.
  • boyscout862 and Sawdust have said thanks

#4 olds45512 ONLINE  

olds45512
  • Member No: 77943
  • 609 Thanks
  • 349 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 12:16 PM

Just keep I mind that the water will freeze and rip the tire open.
  • boyscout862, Sawdust, propane1 and 1 other said thanks

#5 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 537 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 12:36 PM

I know a lot of people like the windshield cleaning solution but that is actually very flammable because of the alcohol in it (I got severally burnt by this when I was a mechanic).  I thought about using RV winterizing solution.  There is no alcohol, -50 F protection, and most have anti-corrosion protection.  I know that is costs more but I think it's a better fluid to use.  I will be putting some in my tractor tires next week.

• Sawdust and propane1 have said thanks

#6 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 01:01 PM

I use the RV antifreeze and buy it when it is on sale in early spring.  Cheaper than the windshield washer fluid then - sometimes.  Problem is I keep getting more tires to fill and keep running out of the filler.

• propane1 and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#7 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 02:04 PM

I know a lot of people like the windshield cleaning solution but that is actually very flammable because of the alcohol in it (I got severally burnt by this when I was a mechanic).  I thought about using RV winterizing solution.  There is no alcohol, -50 F protection, and most have anti-corrosion protection.  I know that is costs more but I think it's a better fluid to use.  I will be putting some in my tractor tires next week.

I'm not sure which brand of RV anti-freeze you are using, maybe some are alcohol based and others are not?.I loaded a set of tires with it last year and the jugs were marked as extremely flammable. It is working great for me though, I got about 5-1/2 gallons in per tire, which gave me an additional 40lbs per side.

Jim

• propane1 and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#8 Natureboy OFFLINE  

Natureboy
  • Member No: 49649
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 03:14 PM

I use the RV antifreeze and buy it when it is on sale in early spring.  Cheaper than the windshield washer fluid then - sometimes.  Problem is I keep getting more tires to fill and keep running out of the filler.

I loaded mine with RV fluid. Tractor Supply usually puts in on sale in the fall when people are closing up their RV's.
  • MH81 said thank you

#9 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 04:56 PM

Noel

FYI....1 gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds!

• propane1 said thank you

#10 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 537 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 05:19 PM

I'm not sure which brand of RV anti-freeze you are using, maybe some are alcohol based and others are not?.I loaded a set of tires with it last year and the jugs were marked as extremely flammable. It is working great for me though, I got about 5-1/2 gallons in per tire, which gave me an additional 40lbs per side.

Jim

I was looking at Camco rv anti-freeze.  It doesn't us alcohol and it says it will prevent corrosion of most metals.  I don't want my steel rims to rust through over time.

#11 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,115 Thanks
  • 3,206 posts

Posted July 08, 2016 - 08:10 PM

When you fill them to where the cap screws on, they are 9 lb. Get a scale and try it, let me know what you get.

Noel

Edited by propane1, July 08, 2016 - 08:12 PM.

• Sawdust and Mark 149 J. have said thanks