Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

New help identifing David Bradly walk behind tractor.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Scaper OFFLINE  

Scaper

• Member No: 3374
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 07:41 PM

I have an option to buy a DB walk behind. The numbers I found on the unit are as follows. 143-561-032 and 6154-08304. Are these the model and serial #? The unit is complete has the hood and a set of cultivators if I remember correctly 6 or 8 spoons and a set of depth gauge disc's. There may be more attachments I haven't asked yet. If I don't have the right numbers where on the machine do I find them? The engine has compression and seems to be quiet when the starter rope is pulled. Any help would be great. The machine looks restoreable no major rust, the handles are intact and the tires hold air. Scaper

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 07:47 PM

First of all I collect wlak behind David Bradleys and those numbers do not look at all right to me. On the left top side of the transmission below the tank mount should be a sears tag with a number that starts "917.57..." and that will tell me what you are looking at. Secondly, if the tires are 6.00-16 or 6.70-15 Allstate brand it is worth picking up if they are both good condition. As for the engines they used Briggs early on, then added Wisconsin options and late models had the Techumseh. The early models were red with green wheels and late models were blue and white. I will need to see some pictures and model numbers of both tractor and engine to know what you are looking at.

#3 Scaper OFFLINE  

Scaper

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 08:16 PM

Thanks I will look at it tomorrow after work I thought I had the wrong numbers. I'll get the tire size and make also. I think there are two of the machines at the same location. I know it is red with green wheels. Scaper

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 08:19 PM

It is worth picking up in my opinion, but with pics I can tell you about how much to offer. Good luck.

#5 Scaper OFFLINE  

Scaper

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted May 20, 2011 - 06:42 PM

Ok here goes. I got the numbers off the DB today. 917 5756 308 on the Sears tag. My friend syas he doesn't think it's the original engine because it has a seperate fuel tank on the front on the engine. The stock gas tank is there but doesn't look as though it is being used. The first nubbers I posted were off the engine. What do you think? I also don't remember seeing the rod that goes from the center section of the handle bars to the drive system. Mark

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 03:58 PM

It takes a Continental model AU7 engine and the tank should have embossed rings in the ends. I would say it is worth picking up, how much is he asking?? And even though it isnt the original engine they are great workhorse tractors if they have good tires.

#7 Scaper OFFLINE  

Scaper

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 05:36 PM

I may get them both for a couple of cuts on the farm about 1.5 acres. They are junking things and I found them in the back of the barn. The other one looks older and the engine looks like it slants forward. I'll try to get some pictures. Mark

#8 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 06:32 PM

Sounds like the right engine on the other one cause Continentals slant forward. And good deal on saving them from scrap.